Skip to main content

Dodge D5N forum

More
8 years 4 months ago #164321 by Dave_64
Dodge D5N forum was created by Dave_64
Hi All,
Know there's quite a few blokes on here tinkering with the later model D5N series Dodges, especially the smaller ones , 200 series. But does anyone know of a site specifically for them? Found one site dealing with earlier AT4 series, sub-forum of an overseas Dodge site.

Got a 1978 D5N tray truck I took charge of recently, had a few queries answered here already, but trying to find out a bit more about it. I would say it is the common garden variety, 245HD Hemi, 4 speed NP435, Dana 60. Plated 1978, so must have been getting towards the end of production?

Probably got the mechanics of it covered, may be looking for a few bits and pieces e.g, flipper window locks (mine rusted off) a few chrome strips, badges , stickers etc.
I'm in Central Victoria, other than going to a few swap meets (a bit hit or miss sometimes) don't have any real contacts.
Plan on getting onto it after the Xmas/New Year period. Saw a nicely turned out D5N at the Avoca rally yesterday, but didn't get much of a chance to talk to the guy who had it. Pretty standard, nice 'tub' ute body, nice set of 15" X 8 stud wheels, overheard some bloke say it had power steering.

Any thoughts?
Cheers, dave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #164506 by spinnerboy
Replied by spinnerboy on topic Dodge D5N forum
Sounds like a plan to me, I'm down to 1 x Dodge D5N 300, sold off the others

More
8 years 4 months ago #164515 by AT4 353
Replied by AT4 353 on topic Dodge D5N forum
I will have a full set of D5N mudguard and door moldings for sale soon.

she'll be Jake.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

More
8 years 4 months ago #164534 by indianman
Replied by indianman on topic Dodge D5N forum
Have heard of some using landcruiser pwr steering but have not seen one in the flesh

Jon

More
8 years 4 months ago #164646 by Old Yella
Replied by Old Yella on topic Dodge D5N forum
I used a 75 series 'cruiser power steering box in my '78 Inter Scout, bolts to the chassis, very neat compared to the early Ford setup that was in it. Was running 35" tyres, never had an issue. If buying secondhand I was advised to find a box out of a rusted out vehicle as opposed to one that had been in an accident, less chance of box having been damaged internally. Cheers, Paul.

More
8 years 4 months ago #164971 by anthony
Replied by anthony on topic Dodge D5N forum
There's a Facebook group called at4/d5n buy swap sell if you do a search for it. Plenty of stuff there Australia wide Cheers. Anthony

More
8 years 2 months ago #166264 by AB120
Replied by AB120 on topic Dodge D5N forum
go onto moparmarket they have a forum and go down to the truck section and you will find a heap of what you are after they also make inters welcome as well and i have found them very helpful they tend to like the small trucks

graham

Time to create page: 0.425 seconds