Skip to main content

Leyland truck what model

More
8 years 4 months ago #164212 by 14B-Beaver
Replied by 14B-Beaver on topic Leyland truck what model
Looking at the front axle, it appears to have 8 stud rims, which rules out Octopus as they are 10 stud. Albion did have a Twin Steer Tandem back in the 1960's called a Cameronian, which was later sold as a Reiver Super 8.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #164301 by defective
Replied by defective on topic Leyland truck what model
...the model and make may be wrong, but the removed forward steer axle configuration may still be on the money....
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by defective.

More
8 years 4 months ago #164465 by CO4070
Replied by CO4070 on topic Leyland truck what model
Hi everyone i don't think that i explained the story about this truck properly.
The former owner purchased the cabin from Allen's at Maitland in SA who had it made to put on a Leyland Octopus they owned but was never fitted.The chassi it now sits on is an Albion that was purchased from a gypsum mine at the bottom of Yorkes peninsula and the original cabin was rusted out so this one was purchased fitted, the truck was never a twin steer. Hope this explains it better.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #164467 by defective
Replied by defective on topic Leyland truck what model
...thanks for all the legwork CO4070 .. it helps a lot to know the cab was made and set up for a twin steer truck...but when applied to a "normal" forward control chassis you can understand why everything to do with the cab would be mounted that much further forward (gearshift, steering, throttle and clutch rods or controls etc), ... including the requirement of a section of rail forward of the standard front spring hangers on the original Albion chassis ???
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by defective.

More
8 years 3 months ago #165213 by CO4070
Replied by CO4070 on topic Leyland truck what model
Recently saw some pics on of the Ford and Chevrolet?? turbine trucks and they look like they might have been the inspiration for the cab design

Time to create page: 0.392 seconds