Skip to main content

s180 Inter

More
7 years 8 months ago #173812 by d23j
Replied by d23j on topic s180 Inter
The R6 was a more sporty form of the P6 and were no power house but did do a good job in the day. I drove one in a British Dodge in the 1980s and it was still going strong, just not in the class of the 6/354. my dad did interstate for years with a 6/354 in a C line and butter box till he got a 1418!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #173824 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic s180 Inter
Those corio springs were also fitted to 7 ton Commers. Might have been an after market thing fitted by dealer.

More
7 years 8 months ago #173834 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic s180 Inter

Lang wrote: Overnite

If one make was "Corio" it makes you wonder if they were an International product made at their Geelong plant. The owner of the truck says the previous (original) owner told him they were fitted from new as an option offered by International.

Model T Fords had those coils on the ends of the springs as a very popular after market addition made by quite a lot of different manufacturers. They do make a difference.

I have seen them fitted to a few different brands of trucks, which makes me think they were offered by an accessory company. BIDSTBC

More
7 years 8 months ago #173839 by 14B-Beaver
Replied by 14B-Beaver on topic s180 Inter
The coil springs at the back of the front spring hanger will be Robley (quite common on S Model Bedfords).
AS160 could be bought with a Perkins P6.
AS180 could be bought with a Perkins R6. They would then become ASD. The R6 was a troublesome motor on long distance work. They were re-worked and I think were then called a 6.340.

Time to create page: 0.434 seconds