Skip to main content

Dash Cams

More
7 years 5 months ago #175553 by Tired Iron
Dash Cams was created by Tired Iron
Learned Folks
We discussed these some time ago, but I can't find it now.
What's the latest and greatest-or best- camera available nowadays?
Thanks in advance
And no, I don't know what I want because I'm not up to date-yet
Cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #175597 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Dash Cams
I don't have the brands with me but you can get a good one for around $200. Avoid the really cheap omes they don't seem to cope with dusk too well and at night all it shows are lights. Better ones adjust automatically for different light settings. The wife's is a good basic one (no gps in it) an I will look at it to get you the model and brand.

Some people swear by those with a gps as it gives independent verification of the direction and speed you were travelling at the time and the place of the incident (as coordinates not the streets. Not sure where you are but on extremely hot days take it out of the car if the car is parked in the sun. I saw one being returned as the printed circuit board had warped in the heat but the retailer replaced it under warranty.

Most of the supercheaps, autobarns, repcos etc have them these days just go in and have a look. The specs don't compare with being able to see the picture quality etc

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #175611 by busman
Replied by busman on topic Dash Cams
Or you can go way over the top like we have done with VP. Imported a mobile DVR from China for about 300 AUD.
8 channel, wifi, GPS, 3 and 4 G, remote alarms and shutdowns.
2 cameras forward, one on each side, one rear, one looking at the tow hitch and 2 in the engine bay (rear diesel pusher coach) to give maximum warning of anything amiss, like fire.
If you steal it I will be watching where you are over the web and when the cops are in position, turn off the motor, gottcha.

Like I said, over the top but it makes me feel better ! :P

84 Austral Tourmaster with 6V92 and now 7 speed Eaton-Fuller, converted to motorhome "Vanishing Point" after a favourite American movie.
3 Kw solar 800 Ah Lithium house battery pack, all engine cooling done by the sun. Water injection for hot days and hill climbs.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by busman.

More
7 years 5 months ago #175646 by Blackduck59
Replied by Blackduck59 on topic Dash Cams
Busman,
Any chance of the details on your unit.
Have a 5th wheeler and need something along those lines myself.
Cheers Steve

More
7 years 5 months ago #175660 by busman
Will look it up an repost

84 Austral Tourmaster with 6V92 and now 7 speed Eaton-Fuller, converted to motorhome "Vanishing Point" after a favourite American movie.
3 Kw solar 800 Ah Lithium house battery pack, all engine cooling done by the sun. Water injection for hot days and hill climbs.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #175670 by busman
This is the one that I have, might have been USD not AUD, still pretty cheap I think. Cameras are also cheap if you don't have already. HD cameras now available, bit dearer, I could not see the point as it is mainly crash cam and theft I want the thing for.
You would have to supply storage, I have both a fast SD card and a 2.5" hard drive (laptop) from ebay.
visionmastercn.en.alibaba.com/product/60...ith_gps_3g_wifi.html

I have a pic they sent me of the specs but don't know how to post here, when I click on the image tab it wants a link and I just want to post the pic

Hmm, did that, shows pic name in box, click insert, nothing happens, and yes did hit submit again, never mind there should be lots of info on that link.

This one does not have a "tour" function, i.e. view one pic for say 5 secs, full screen, then the next for 5 secs and so on

Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by busman.

More
7 years 5 months ago #175671 by Blackduck59
Got it, Thanks,
Are you trying the image link at the top?
Just use the attachment window below to add the pic, then hit insert to load it. May not show till after you click submit
Attachments:

More
7 years 5 months ago #175676 by busman
Nice looking rig, looks like a liftco slideout in the front ?
Thats an American brand isn't it ?

More
7 years 5 months ago #175686 by Blackduck59
American part built and finished off in Newcastle, built to Aussie width spec's and the door on the correct side.
3 slideouts, two the side shown and one on the other side.
Needed a little work inside but a good buy
Cheers Steve

More
7 years 5 months ago #175698 by busman
Steve,
They assure me that the tour function is available but that you have to set it via the web, not via the supplied remote, will be trying mine today so will let you know if that is so.
Did find their support pretty good.
William

Time to create page: 0.566 seconds