Skip to main content

Steamy Pete

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #77560 by TJ
Steamy Pete was created by TJ
Brings a new meaning to "Road Train". I had to show this brain spasm I had off. What if we needed to go back to steam (not a bad idea)? Would it be possible? :-? Called "Steamy Pete". It is a 1955 Pete body and frame with brass trim on a 2-8-0 Chassis I guess. The rear wheels are driven from the inside by a locomotive steam setup. The boiler and all that good stuff is under the hood and the brass plated stacks would be the Smoke stacks. (duh) ::). The airhorns would some how act as the steam whistle and it has heavy duty cast iron wheels. The fuel tanks would be the water source and the driver's side tank back 1/4 would be for kerosene. The lights are all old brass style kerosene, converted to electrical. Pulling a 4-4-4 on a lowboy. More pics can be found here: s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj291/ARTEMIS1759/Art%20Work/

And when he gets to Heaven
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by TJ.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #77561 by
Replied by on topic Re: Steamy Pete
Interesting idea! ;D Need to find room for bigger radiator for reuse the steam back into water for the boiler and more (bigger) water and fuel tanks to get a decent distance. ;D

Can have steam horns. Basically same design as the air horns but run from steam. I suppose the problem would be is that every time you sounded the horn you would have a billow of steam and water all over the windscreen etc! :D

I guess it could have air brakes and a steam air compressor for the trailer brakes!

12 years 1 month ago #77562 by
I was just wondering where to put the coal ( or firewood ).
I think you'd need a bigger bunk(er).
It'd be bloody hot in that cab too.
Interesting concept.... :D

More
12 years 1 month ago #77563 by TJ
Replied by TJ on topic Re: Steamy Pete
Lol, well I did a lot of research on this, because I have a hotrod designed to run off steam. The kerosene is what initially lights the fire and the engine I looked at could go they figured 1000 miles at least before needing replenished of anything and had infinate top speed. But this of course would probably not be able to use the Loco power set up. It had no use for a trans and was direct drive regulated by amount of steam driven through the engine. I suppose on this one though the sleeper could be a "Coal Bunk" lol.

More
12 years 1 month ago #77564 by Fuller-Vit
Replied by Fuller-Vit on topic Re: Steamy Pete
Quad drive might just make the animal a bit tough to steer in anything more than a straight line.

In the beginning God created Seddon and ERF

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #77565 by TJ
Very true, very true. Which is probably why steam loco's were on rails, right? ::)

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #77566 by TJ
Brockway I just finished.

12 years 1 month ago #77567 by
TJ'

I see the yanks are into everything big and not into style what pity. :) :) :). Dave

More
12 years 1 month ago #77568 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: Steamy Pete
TJ you have way to much time on you hands ;D

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #77569 by
..TJ 'ol mate...just keep it all comin'.....

...cheers ;) ;)

Time to create page: 0.556 seconds