Skip to main content

inter 564 drawbar

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #164288 by pcp20us
inter 564 drawbar was created by pcp20us
Hi guys.

Work on the 564 is going well, new glow plugs in. I am after a picture of the drawbar that fits the 564, There seems to be 2 types, one that is curved around the diff housing, and ones that curves around the diff housing then runs straight to the rear. I have a manual for the 554, see atached pix. But a lot the the inters i am seeing at the wreckers have the 2 curves.. anyone clear this up for me.

http://www.noosaimages.com.au/g3/index.php/Forums/page-64
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by hayseed.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #164343 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic inter 564 drawbar
Stand by this space, and I have got a spare draw bar with roller, you just gotta come and get it... :whistle:

I will do the photo thingo tomorrow. ;)

Sarge B)

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
8 years 4 months ago #164345 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic inter 564 drawbar
I think it may have something to if it was a grain belt type of tractor or a row crop type as to which draw bar they came with but may well be wrong

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 4 months ago #164392 by pcp20us
Replied by pcp20us on topic inter 564 drawbar
Long bloody drive from QLD for a draw bar !!

More
8 years 4 months ago #164476 by barbwire
Replied by barbwire on topic inter 564 drawbar
If you are anywhere near Calliope there is a complete 564 on a property near lowmead , don't know if he wants to sell . If you are keen let me know & I will see what I can find out , Gary.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #164561 by Sarge
I know I said tomorrow... I forgot... sorry, but here they are.

these are a slight variation of each other, not quite sure what you mean about the curves around, all the drawbar inters of this series from aw6 to 564 had curves draw bars because they had a roller swing drawbar. the spare one I have has the roller in place, the one on my (sold) tractor was slightly modified and the roller removed.

I think the way the roller is/was set up meant all the down weght was on the roller and its shaft, mine was changed to bring the drawbar up a bit and put the weight on the drawbar and frame. (I gave the drawbar and the eye hole a bit of fill welding years ago)

The only change to that is a draw bar that did not have draw bar, just a curved plate with holes, and nowhere near as wide as these, I saw it on an AW6 petrol.

Hope this helps.... tomorrow

Sarge B)
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Sarge.

More
8 years 3 months ago #164573 by pcp20us
Replied by pcp20us on topic inter 564 drawbar
Cheers Sarge.

The 1st pix is the one we picked up at the wreckers the other day, just gotta install and see how she goes...

I can see why the drawbar had been removed from the tractor, When using the 3pl the arms seem to hit hit the drawbar crossbar, ( top one only ). I can see in the one on the tractor, that the extender bar that the bar roles on has been trimmed, as it couldn't be used with the 3PL. I recon we might do the same,

Need to do more playing with the setup, had the blade on and with all the force it was hitting and getting stuck on the crossbar..

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #164590 by Sarge
you can see the one on the tractor has got some upstand guides, to keep the arms oustide the draw bar, never had any issues. I generally had the sway shackles in the fixed holes you should be able to keep all the sway under control with them. :blink:

I am guessing that the one on the tractor was made/shortened for linkage work to the same width as the top arc on the spre one and the upstands added.

Sarge B)
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Sarge.

Time to create page: 0.484 seconds