Skip to main content

Old gear

More
7 years 10 months ago #170496 by wouldyou
Old gear was created by wouldyou
These bins saved a lot of hard labour in the early 70's, going from handling bags of fertiliser and seed. With a couple of elevators hinged to the side outlets they could fill the long shallow boxes on seed drills.
At harvest they could unload into elevators, when chassis mounted doors along the centre could drop grain to the grid.
Larger air seeder boxes saw augers added for height, both running together with seed and fertiliser.
[IMG

Later machines have their own loading auger but handle only one item at a time, with one bin all seed and the other all fertiliser loading time is less. Seeding finishing today, a couple of paddle chain breakages but pretty good for over 40 year olds.
David.
[IMG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tacho

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #170509 by Timmsy
Replied by Timmsy on topic Old gear
This Old classic is 48 years in age, but still does a days work. It is a bit noisy, no creature comforts, but she just keeps chugging along. At 80 hp probably wouldn't pull your air seeder very far.

Its a Case 830 comfort king case-o-matic, Is currently receiving a new second hand exhaust manifold. Cannot put up with increasingly loud cackle anymore.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWR, Tacho

More
7 years 10 months ago #170514 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Old gear
thats flash looking bit of gear I thought I was getting classy when I got my 26 run Connor Shea combine and it even had a platform on the back all very classy and modern at least I thought it was and was a lot bigger than the 18 run I had before it
Never used a grouper type thingy have watched them on some you tube clip and the farmer has a remote in his hand and walks along pushing the button to stop and start it has come a long way

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds