Skip to main content

Hyster straddle truck

More
7 years 10 months ago #170715 by Roderick Smith
I had two photos of this with my set of the Mar.13 MSTEC rally, in the Events section, but most of those links are broken, or have vanished. I prepared this third one for a couple of transport groups, as a response to this concept:
www.autoblog.com/2016/05/26/futuristic-c...cept-autoblog-minute .
I had memories of a straddle truck being brought home from the docks, and parked across my narrow South Melbourne street. The street had very little traffic, and there was no striped safety bar with flashing lights in that era; small cars could drive through the straddle space.
130311M Scoresby (Melbourne, Vic.): MSTEC rally, straddle carrier. (Roderick Smith)

Roderick
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim, Mrsmackpaul

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #170717 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Hyster straddle truck
The Chinese vehicle runs on rails so is more correctly called a Tram or Light Railway.

A bus on tyres and steered down the road would see lots of carnage.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #170719 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Hyster straddle truck
That one is owned by an HCVCA Member. They made him fit the crossbars to prevent people driving through it or it would not be allowed on the road.
This is a pity as the ability to drive over cars without damaging them could have been useful in peak hour :evil:

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by bparo.

More
7 years 10 months ago #170729 by defective
Replied by defective on topic Hyster straddle truck
...jeeez .. I'd hate to have to fix a puncture or change a bloody tyre !...looks like half a days work Lol !

More
7 years 10 months ago #170731 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Hyster straddle truck
Dunno Phil .... I'll have to have a look in the workshop/owners manual I have here for them ;)

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

Time to create page: 0.475 seconds