Skip to main content

International D1510, New Project

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #170654 by hubcap
Gday, my 1st truck that needs a bit of work. 1978, 345 v8. Its going to be a work truck so just concentrating on getting on the road. 1st Question, what sort of battery should I be running ? It hasn't got much room for a bigger battery!

2nd, It has a 2 barrel Holley. What size was standard on these trucks? Its on gas with expired tanks so I'm probably going to take the lpg system off. Just run on petrol.

Can I get a workshop manual for it? I've done a bit of research on this forum and know I can get a engine manual from a acco.

Thanks

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by hayseed. Reason: inserted Pic

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #170655 by Mrsmackpaul
Gudday Hubcap welcome to the forum mate
I would be hesitant about running only on petrol IH petrol V8's are fairly thirsty so you might be in for a shock if your on gunna run petrol they tune up real good on gas
Looks like a real neat truck cant help but think I have seen it before some where it will come to me at 2 am LOL

great looking jigger

Paul

yeah when you load your photos up gotta click insert to make them finish loading properly, its off to the RHS a bio couple of inches from were the photo link code thingy is

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Mrsmackpaul.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hubcap

More
7 years 10 months ago #170658 by asw120
In my (admittedly limited) experience, the 2 barrel Holley would be original.
I would also agree with Paul on the LPG.

Welcome and cheers, Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
7 years 10 months ago #170668 by IHScout
G'day hubcap, the D Line manuals come up on eBay from time to time, but you might find you have to bid more than you want to pay, and then when you get it, it probably won't cover the engine anyway. IH had seperate service manuals for the engines (at least for the D Lines). So if you can get one for an acco, grab it.

As Mrs Mack says - go the gas. It will cost about $200 to get your tanks re-certified and maybe another few hundred to get an LPG mechanic to go over the other bits to make sure its all working as it should. You'll easy save that in petrol not streaming out the exhaust at a rate that'll make your eyes water. :ohmy:

Dennis

Time to create page: 0.428 seconds