Skip to main content

Fill's Bedford

More
7 years 8 months ago #173039 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Fill's Bedford
Hello Fill,
How did the baked springs go? I thought you might have had a plate of them on the supper table at the club meeting tonight. They should taste good with Chilli Sauce. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maxidyne

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #173080 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Fill's Bedford
The stands didn't look that sturdy in the first series of pics. However, it is not the down force that is of concern but the ratio of height to base area. The danger here is that yours will be prone to tipping over sideways (or anyways) and once it starts there will be no holding it. You don't want to be in the same shed let alone under it when it goes. Either cut the height by (at least) a third or double the base, with load taken around the perimeter. Having wood between steel/steel is a good idea but not needed on concrete.

More
7 years 7 months ago #173083 by Fill
Replied by Fill on topic Fill's Bedford
Hi thanks for all your in put, I got onto Google -there is a truck work shop supplies and they have a 20 ton stand with a lot smaller flat base than the steel base I have, it also is a lot higher than mine.I have now got it on the stands at the front with some rubber in the cradle and have jacked up the diff.
I went to the front and shook it- it was very solid.
At the back, I have now go it it on very strong stools. The front is even more stable (I am very happy)
Hi Morris,
Nice to here from you. I have not cooked the springs yet because all the brake parts are being serviced, I want to make sure they don't need a bit of tweeking before I cook them. I will let you know how they go.
Cheers Fill

More
7 years 7 months ago #173172 by Fill
Hi all
I saw this done to a Bedford a couple of years ago at a truck show,talking to the owner he said it was great. It created a bigger glove box.
[img
100_2807 by fill quinn , on Flickr
[img
100_2806 by fill quinn , on Flickr
[img
100_2809 by fill quinn , on Flickr

More
7 years 7 months ago #173176 by Pierre
Replied by Pierre on topic Fill's Bedford
Hi Fill, that's a great idea, good work.
Pierre

Pierre

More
7 years 7 months ago #173275 by Fill
Thanks Pierre
I am doing a few little jobs while I am waiting for the brakes to show up. On top of the air filter there was a rubber grommet with a steel washer inside it, so when the wing nut was done up it would not vibrate loose. At first I was going to get a gal wing nut, from a nut and bolt shop and solder it to a gal washer, but I could not get a gal wing nut. I went to Pirtek the hose people next door, I picked out a brass plug got the guy to put it in a lathe take the thread off it, drill a hole and thread it.Total cost $ 10 bargain 4 30 pm Friday (and a bit of bling) Hope this is not too boring.
Cheers Fill
[img
100_2812 by fill quinn , on Flickr
[img
100_2811 by fill quinn , on Flickr

More
7 years 7 months ago #173276 by Fill
[img
100_2801 by fill quinn , on Flickr
[img
100_2802 by fill quinn , on Flickr
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim

More
7 years 7 months ago #173291 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Fill's Bedford
Definitely NOT boring :)

Always appreciate the updates, Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
7 years 7 months ago #173296 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Fill's Bedford
Fill, I was almost finished typing a reply, bumped the mouse and it all disappeared!

Take two:-
Not boring Fill, in fact ingenious. Many Pommy vehicles had that arrangement to hold the top on the oil-bath and later the paper-element air cleaner. Your solution is the best I have seen.

My favourite bit of your recent posts is the-Stanley-blade-clamped-to-the-dividers to make a compass to cut gaskets :cheer:

Morris.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim

More
7 years 7 months ago #173300 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Fill's Bedford
good spotting Morris I didnt see the stanley knife blade
not boring at all Fill keep it coming

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds