Skip to main content

Fill's Bedford

More
7 years 7 months ago #174512 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Fill's Bedford
That could be a bit of a problem been in the wrong hole :whistle: :whistle:

But look Fill, I built up some courage this morning, and all I heard was mumble mumble, was in a hurry to get it dry

Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #174517 by Fill
Replied by Fill on topic Fill's Bedford
Well done Mairjimmy
I did a few bits last night too
[img
100_2827 by fill quinn , on Flickr
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
7 years 7 months ago #174518 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Fill's Bedford
Good pic Fill

Wot langwage U in
R they the DRO's nailed on the wall

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
7 years 7 months ago #174538 by scratcha
Replied by scratcha on topic Fill's Bedford
Look MALAY to me Swishy, BISTBC

1418 Benz now really impressing the bride :-)

More
7 years 7 months ago #174540 by Fill
Hi Swishy
My daughter is doing year 12 she is doing Indonesian we have these all over the house including the toilet for all her subjects It seemed to work with the other two kids they got in the high 9os so far this one is doing the same (touch wood ) There academic side of things is not from my side
Cheers Fill

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
7 years 7 months ago #174542 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Fill's Bedford
Terra McCar See

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
7 years 6 months ago #174940 by Fill
Hi all
Been doing a bit master cylinder re sleeved and on . Dose any one know what goes on the end of the end of the pipe stub ? Thanks in advance
[img
100_2510 by fill quinn , on Flickr
[img
100_2834 by fill quinn , on Flickr

More
7 years 6 months ago #174979 by Fill
Hi all
I did not get any replies on the pipe stub. It has a flare on it for a Rubber hose. Just out of interest I lost four small bolts that hold the dust cover on. I went to seven nut and bolts places ( in my passing ) no good. The last man measured it up properly and wrote down what they were for me and said to get onto the internet and look for old nut and bolt suppliers. So I did. Spoke to a man who said he had some and would send by mail (he is mail order only ) and when I get them to put money into his bank account. I got them they are perfect. There is still trusting people out there so a plug for him. He is called B.S.F BOLTS ph 0408056255 fax (03)95120936.
I hope this is of interest.
Cheers Fill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge, Mrsmackpaul

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #174980 by Bedford4home
Replied by Bedford4home on topic Fill's Bedford
Hi Fill,

That little hose fitting is a vent hose for the brake booster. My Bedford RL has the same booster on it. In my manual (T.S.386 Steering gear, front axle, brakes Bedford Models TD, TC, S & R), on page 103 the diagram describes it as "Air Inlet Port" in figure 116, item 32. This fitting provides a controlled ventilation spot for the chamber that holds all the levers that operate the booster and should be vented to atmosphere. The reason for having a hose fitting on it is for preparation of the vehicle for deep water fording and really dusty conditions. If the vehicle is to be used in nasty conditions, the fitting should have a suitable rubber hose connected to it that runs up inside the cab so it gets reasonably clean air, and no water going into it.

The space that it vents has the atmosphere side of the vacuum booster piston in it, so when you apply or release the brakes a few litres of air is likely to be pushed out or sucked into this space. (This of course assumes that the rubber boot is in place on the shaft that goes to the brake pedal, and the cover on the levers is in place correctly.)

cheers,
Pip

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Bedford4home.

More
7 years 6 months ago #175003 by Fill
Thanks Bedford4home
Sorry it took me a while to get back to you, but appreciate your time. Would there be some sort of filter that could fit on to it. The over all size of the pipe is 12 mm. I was thinking of some sort of foam filter. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks again.
Cheers Fill

Time to create page: 0.573 seconds