Skip to main content

C Line

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #172760 by wedgetail84
Replied by wedgetail84 on topic C Line
wow, what a job mate - beautiful! Must've been a good moment when she roared (or spluttered?) into life... Looks amazing in the paint and chrome. Any chance of being at Dubbo?

So it's set up more like an 1840 now with the air and the 160. Do you know what rear axle is in it? Although even the air I don't think would have been 1840 with the treadle valve, they originally only had the airpack booster and original juice pedal AFAIK. I could scan you a diagram from the C line service manual but it only covers the original set up obviously. Maybe you need one from an ACCO?

Urchy - I too have the full brother to yours and mustang's trucks with the same plate. I'll see if mine has the date row, I think it might. Same colour and listed wheelbase but never measured it. Got a very short tray so might have been a tipper but no controls. Could have been a PM but not set up for trailers...

Do either of you have the other plate with the build spec etc.? It seems like the earlier (pre D line) often don't.

EDIT here's mine and it measure 171". Obviously Mustang's has been shortened. Mine's meant to be 1969 but I haven't seen anything concrete to tell me that
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by wedgetail84.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #172827 by Urchy87
Replied by Urchy87 on topic C Line
Congrats 67Mustang

Not long to go before the C Line will be on the open road. You have spent the last 4 years doing some great work.

Wedgetail84, I think you commented on the first images I posted with the one I have to see if it was rescurectable (a while ago, no progress to date unfortunately). These are the other tags. Hope you don't mind me posting them in here Mustang.

Adventure before Dementia.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Urchy87.

More
7 years 8 months ago #172848 by 67mustang
Replied by 67mustang on topic C Line
All good Urchy87

Wont get to Dubbo this year but keen to get around after xmas and do some events. Seat and steering wheel still a few weeks away, in the mean time will get a lot of little odd and ends done.

Need to look at new Tacho, will go Electric to run off the Alternator, grill still at paintshop, may need to get injector pump done as the engine doesnt come down quick enough after a few revs, some scroll work on cab also then some rego.

It all takes time, cheers

More
7 years 8 months ago #172933 by defective
Replied by defective on topic C Line
nice work 67mustang .. before you tackle the injector pump, make sure the fuel system is completely free of air...she may need bleeding out. this is a big reason that they'll flare after backing off...just a thought

More
7 years 8 months ago #172955 by 67mustang
Thanks Defective

A couple more items done tonight.

Sound proofing and carpet under seat, seat base in, seat

back will go in next few days after i fit seat belts.

67mustang
Attachments:

More
7 years 8 months ago #172956 by 67mustang
forgot this one

More
7 years 8 months ago #172957 by 67mustang
try 3rd time
Attachments:

More
7 years 8 months ago #173073 by 67mustang
Hello all

Got a few more bits ticked off the list tonight before the wife got hone -

Mud Flaps on and seat all in

Starting to look the part.

67mustang
Attachments:

More
7 years 8 months ago #173079 by 67mustang
just the steering wheel, Tacho and roof lining for the cab

Attachments:

More
7 years 8 months ago #173086 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic C Line
Didn't you want red and white tuck and roll on the seat? haha. She certainly looks the part.

Time to create page: 0.558 seconds