Skip to main content

Dodge Gearbox wanted.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #174965 by Lang
Dodge Gearbox wanted. was created by Lang
I am looking for a decent light truck synchro (or semi-synchro) gearbox to suit a Dodge flat 6 motor. I don't know if the slant 6 bell housing and clutch arrangement was the same but if it was, a box from a lighter 60's truck would also suit. Any leads?

I am restoring a 1941 Dodge 1/2 ton Weapon Carrier to take on an overseas jaunt and the really clunky crash box is very tedious in traffic.

the International wood seats on my add below are to convert into Dodge ones. Here is an M37 Dodge with the seats I want to construct.

Lang
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Lang.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #174966 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Dodge Gearbox wanted.
Lang, do you know Warren Kerle? He put an NP435 from an Inter (off the back of my ASW motor, in fact) in his Dodge and would know precisely what will fit (I think!)

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
7 years 6 months ago #174967 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Dodge Gearbox wanted.
Lang,
Can't help with the supply of a box, BUT, was on a pommy site where a bloke was also looking to do much the same thing as you want to do, he wanted to fit an NP435 or NP445 (they are like the proverbial hens teeth, 445's) and if I recall correctly, there was something funny where he had to redrill either the back of the flathead six, or the NP435 to the original bellhousing. Also, if I remember correctly, the clutch throwout system needed to be modified somewhat.

Probably not much value to you, but may be something to take on board.
Cheers, Dave_64

More
7 years 6 months ago #174968 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Dodge Gearbox wanted.
Thanks Jarrod and Dave.

I know Warren Kerle well but do not want to be building adaptors and getting shafts made up. The 1HZ Landcruiser box is the way to go if you want to go down that road just requiring a modified shaft.

I would be happy with an old 1950's style box with synchro if it is just a straight bolt up fit.

Lang

More
7 years 6 months ago #174969 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Dodge Gearbox wanted.
Ah, OK. I had thought it had been fairly straight forward. I know he made an adapter plate for the Inter diff centre. (That also came from me).

Cheers, Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
7 years 6 months ago #175017 by oldgmc
Replied by oldgmc on topic Dodge Gearbox wanted.

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

More
7 years 6 months ago #175018 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Dodge Gearbox wanted.
Good lead. He is willing to talk and make modifications to solve most gearbox problems. His prices are excellent too.

We are trying to find something to do the job.

Lang

Time to create page: 0.515 seconds