Skip to main content

One extra gear

More
7 years 10 months ago #170560 by busman
One extra gear was created by busman
Jsut drove VP back from CPF where Cameron fitted a 7 speed box to replace the 6 speed Spicer. I always thought the 7 were a Spicer but Cam tells me RR.
Anyway it has made VP just so easy to drive, feels like more HP (I know hasn't but feels like) now keeps up with the traffic when leaving lights and every change just falls in, way easier than the 6 speed.
Feel that the 7 speed is just the right combination, I could see no reason to go to a 10 speed RR and am really ahppy that I made that decision.
Amazed that something like one extra gear changes the way the whole coach feels.
Happy boy tonight.

84 Austral Tourmaster with 6V92 and now 7 speed Eaton-Fuller, converted to motorhome "Vanishing Point" after a favourite American movie.
3 Kw solar 800 Ah Lithium house battery pack, all engine cooling done by the sun. Water injection for hot days and hill climbs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #170565 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic One extra gear
Was that you at CPF today and Cam was changing the ride height valve?

More
7 years 10 months ago #170572 by busman
Replied by busman on topic One extra gear
Certainly was, should have introduced yourself !

84 Austral Tourmaster with 6V92 and now 7 speed Eaton-Fuller, converted to motorhome "Vanishing Point" after a favourite American movie.
3 Kw solar 800 Ah Lithium house battery pack, all engine cooling done by the sun. Water injection for hot days and hill climbs.

Time to create page: 0.475 seconds