7 years 7 months ago #173996 by Swishy
Rant = ON was created by Swishy
The §wish iz gunna have a rant

U 2 can after eye finish my dribble

:lol:

Talkn bout Melbourne Traffic

As time goes by the commercial transport sector is loosing ground to drive on
mainly truck bans etc
Started probably 20 or more years ago when they banned trucks using Beach Rd from Mordialoc to Port Melb on the weekends (the only descent rd to move Oversize loads on weekends)

then they banned trucks in the right hand lane on Geelong Rd (Princes Hwy)

Vehicles only to use the right lane with more than 1 occupant Eastern Fwy (Doncaster Fwy)

Truck curfew 10 pm till 6am next day trying to hook up the Eastern Fwy and Western Ring Rd and all Rds leading Between

Now a 90 KPH Speed limit for trucks on Mulgrave Fwy (soon to ban trucks in right lane)

the Chief of VicRoads sez he gets lots of complaints of trucks speeding in general when the problem is the cars are well under the speed limit and it looks like trucks are speeding when they are not and geared to 100 kph max

I say either ban trucks altogether and have no deliveries anywhere (may be rip all the roads up n turn them in to bike paths
or let the trucks travel safely and legally as desired (we are not joy riders)

I am not against bicycle riders but instead of making a bike path by taking a lane off a rd why not add a lane for the bikes

if not

we demand a reduction in Rego fees & Govt high fees etc as it restricting movement and supplying a safe and reliable transport service
The easiest way to clear up peek hour traffic and get the vehicles moving is remove all restriction
Traffic is like the flow of water and finds its own level by going around obsticles

Rant Over

Your turn

Wot gives U the irits

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #174003 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Rant = ON
Yeah Swishy, If they Policed the "keep left unless overtaking" Rule there'd be No need to ban trucks from the Right hand Lane..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
7 years 7 months ago #174005 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Rant = ON
Well I can tell Swishy didnt write all of that because I could read it first time around LOL

Dunno Swishy I dont live in that part of the world so probably best for me not have my say it would be like you telling me how to farm
Mind you there seems to be no shortage of people doing that these days

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
7 years 7 months ago #174008 by Blackduck59
Replied by Blackduck59 on topic Rant = ON
Can't comment on those roads but here in the West it is much the same.
Used to be keep left on 80 K roads, changed that to 90 K and no Policing.
We have 80k minimum on the Freeways but also not enforced.
Nothing like a slow driver to choke up a road but do 3 K's over the limit and you are a menace.
Currently cruising around Ireland and the 120 K Motorways work great and 99% of drivers have their act together.
Education not prosecution would have a far greater effect on our idiot drivers.
Cheers and safe dodging the mobile road blocks
Steve

More
7 years 7 months ago #174012 by oldgmc
Replied by oldgmc on topic Rant = ON
Recently in Detroit all freeways 70mph for cars and 60mph for trucks but often peered over drivers shoulder and we were doing 75 or 85 depending on what the traffic was doing no more crashes than we have and people were happy and the drivers far more courteous and less aggressive

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy

More
7 years 7 months ago #174019 by rex
Replied by rex on topic Rant = ON
Swishy mate
Come for a drive on Sydney Roads then you really would have something to whinge about, at least you can get up to 90 km/h.
Anyway the speed limit would only apply to the Volvo built Mack, the KWs with the two strokes would need a steep down hill coupled with a strong tail wind to reach 90.
Rex

Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
7 years 7 months ago #174028 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Rant = ON
ReX
Gudday M8

Here in MelBun we find the 'V'Buses get in the way n slow
so we jist use m az a roundabout

@ least your 'V'Bus is in demand
Simms now offer n $ 75.00 a ton

eye'd take if eye twaz U

U wont get az good an offer anywhere

:cheer: :lol: ;) :lol: ;) :lol:

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
7 years 7 months ago #174226 by PaulFH
Replied by PaulFH on topic Rant = ON
Have given thought to your rant subject Swishy. Road users could expect better roads and freedom to travel with less holdups and regulation
when all of the taxes, duties, state and federal charges are added up. Especially heavy vehicle operators.

Had a look at the Monash freeway yesterday about 1-30 pm. Moderate traffic, trucks in 3 of the 4 lanes, some at 90 and others faster.
Heaps of lane changing, cars weaving through the trucks. Overall effect was to reduce average traffic speed to just over 90, with more
risk of collisions caused by unsafe lane swapping. I agree with you, much better to use a consistent speed limit of 100 for all.

There are many sub - groups of road users, each with their own perception of how they should operate and opinion of others errors.
( Taxis, cyclists, couriers, caravanners, truckies, suburban buses, motorcyclists etc. ) All mixed up with a variety of motorists.

The most critical safety issue for me as a driver is maintenance of a safe driving distance. Traffic conditions on our roads have reduced
that limit. Have seen many cars almost scrape truck bumpers when lane changing. Wouldn't care to make a living driving these days.

Does the road transport industry have a lobby group which could put pressure on decision makers to spend the roads dollar wisely?
Good luck with it, I'd like a lot of improvement. Paul.

More
7 years 7 months ago #174232 by Tatra
Replied by Tatra on topic Rant = ON
Well here in Austria the speed limit on the Autobahn is 130 Km/H and you are usually left alone up to about 140 Km/H. Pain comes above 160 Km/H. But that's for cars. Trucks (like the rest of the EU) are electronically limited to 100 Km/H which means that for all practical intents and purposes no one other than trucks is found in the slow lane (because being stuck at 90 - 100 Km/H is too slow even for the fuddy daddies) and any overtaking maneuver (truck/truck) can last 5 minutes at a time.

Oh and there's a truck curfew on Sunday (other than food deliveries).

So there.

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
7 years 7 months ago #174585 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Rant = ON
any body for designing roads for trucks n let cars use n

instead of the other way round

LOL

EyeWish