Skip to main content

australian peterbilt factory right hand drive

12 years 9 months ago #17809 by

thanks bigcam, assessor and grenfell... i'm just a little coy because of a lot of stuff that flies around ...but i definitely have an enquiring mind. it was c+r trucks ...cheers

That answers one of the four questions ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #17810 by
g'day assessor i've worked my whole life in around melb. ..operated two peterbilts in the early 90's doing local and some country but mostly had drivers in them

cheers

More
7 years 8 months ago #172856 by Dave_64
Hi All,
Just trawling through some really old postings on this forum and have often read (and heard) about the amount of interest in early Peterbilts. Yeah, I know, it's pretty old history.
I was just wondering if anyone had ever assembled anything into book form? I'm referring to Australia Pete's only. I'm sure there would be enough to keep quite a few occupied for a while. May have to wait for a couple of the 'older' members to get a bit of time to address it?
Cheers, Dave_64

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
7 years 8 months ago #172861 by Swishy
Dave M80
Tective haz all the info

No Book (Th@ eye kno of)

But tiz all stored in hiz head

LOL
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #172863 by werkhorse
Well Dave there has been a few articles onon the Petes in various magazines over the last 10-15 years .... also a few of us have recently managed to workout some more info on them from old photos etc .... I'd love to do a history on them but I'm a bit tied up with all the TNT stuff at the moment .... maybe a future plan

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by werkhorse.

More
7 years 8 months ago #172934 by defective

Swishy wrote: Dave M80
Tective haz all the info

No Book (Th@ eye kno of)

But tiz all stored in hiz head

LOL
cya

...that's it mate .. The Mk 1 filing cabinet !!...Be good if Werk tackled a project like this, as there's only 117 subject trucks to worry about....

More
7 years 8 months ago #172941 by Dave_64
There you go ! Neat little handball there.
Yeah, funny , quite a bit in book form if you have a trawl around on sites in the States. Sheer numbers of population, plus the popularity of the vehicles over there means that over the years , quite a bit has been published.
Ah, well ! Maybe someone will get around to collating all the forum topics, photo's, what's been submitted and passed down the line, get it into a book form. Just going on the interest shown on this forum alone, whoever released it (a book) would have no shortage of customers. Think it would come under the title of a "labour of love", though.
Dave_64

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds