- A Calendar for 2022 has been produced as a collector’s item to celebrate HCVCA reaching 50 years. The Calendar, featuring photos of members vehicles, is a mix of vehicle types and brands. Purchasing instructions are in the Monitor. Don’t delay.
- The present HCVCA Logo has been enhanced in recognition of the club achieving the 50 year milestone. This Logo will be used for 2022 on all club literature and merchandise.
- The committee has commissioned a Hard Cover 50 year Book written by members which is comprehensive in content and photos covering the history of the club from 1972. This book will truly be a collector’s item and will be available in early 2022. More details as printing commences.
- Our first celebrations will kick off with a special night at the clubrooms on Friday 1st April 2022 starting at 6.30pm and will include catering. As you are aware the current raffle that was to be drawn at our 2021 Display Day at Yarra Glen (cancelled due to Covid) will now be drawn during the night’s celebrations and tickets are available for purchase with instructions and prizes shown in the Monitor.
- Weekend Truck Run to Bendigo arriving on the afternoon of Friday 22nd and departing on the afternoon of Sunday 24th July 2022. The Truck Display and camping have been booked at the Bendigo Showgrounds. The 50th Anniversary Dinner will be held in the Function Room at the Bendigo RSL which is a short walk from the Showgrounds. We are encouraging members to attend in their Historic Commercial Vehicles which will be displayed around the Arena of the Showgrounds, however you may wish to attend in your modern vehicle to enjoy the weekend celebrations.Bendigo Showgrounds in central Victoria has been selected as the venue for the weekend celebrations to enable as many of our city, regional and Branch members as possible to attend to celebrate this significant milestone. This weekend was chosen as it is close to the date of the original meeting where the concept of the Victorian Branch (HFEAA Vic) was agreed upon. George Dawson has kindly donated a bus for the weekend to take members and their wives or partners to a number of Tourist Attractions and then pick them up later for return to the Showgrounds. It is essential that all members wishing to attend this Major Event in Bendigo will need to book the following:- 50th Anniversary Dinner, Site for camping. Booking details and costs will appear in the Monitor. Alternatively, you can book your own accommodation in Bendigo. The 50th Anniversary Raffle will commence in February 2022 and will be drawn at the Anniversary dinner at the RSL on Saturday 23rd July 2022. This raffle will have some exciting prizes for the whole family. More about this raffle early next year.
- All HCVCA Branches are looking at running a special event in their area during 2022 to help celebrate our 50th Anniversary.
- There will be a Special Edition of The Monitor for July 2022 celebrating the evolution of this club from 1972 and including the reforming of the club in 1984 as the HFEA & CVB.
- 2022 Display Day 41st annual event at Yarra Glen will be our final 50th Anniversary celebration for 2022. More details later.
All of the above arrangements will depend on Government Covid restrictions at the time and may be changed as conditions dictate.
50 year Celebrations Sub-Committee