Skip to main content

How about another old bus.

More
10 years 11 months ago #116313 by fageol100

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #116314 by Mrsmackpaul
hope they are not going to far they dont have there spare tyer looking like a ford to me wonder what it says on the banner hanging out the side? regards Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

10 years 11 months ago #116315 by
Replied by on topic Re: How about another old bus.
From what i have worked out is the people are celebrating the Jewish Festival of Passover,
I think It's ford as well.
LN 700

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #116316 by VicHung
It looks to me like Model AA Ford, or possibly a GAZ AA which was a Russian-built truck made under licence from Ford.

Here is a photo of a GAZ AA; the wheels, mudguards and bonnet louvres look the same.

Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by VicHung.

10 years 11 months ago #116317 by
The rear spring on that GAZ AA looks ter be hangin up side down ?

More
10 years 11 months ago #116318 by fageol100
The rear spring on the Russian GAZ is what was called a cantilever spring-it is the same as a Ford AA truck. By the way the old bus isn't a Ford.

More
10 years 10 months ago #116319 by fageol100
This shouldn't be that hard-how I can identify what this is are the differences between the front and rear wheels.

More
10 years 10 months ago #116320 by grandad
Maybe a Dodge?

10 years 10 months ago #116321 by
Here is one to throw into the mix is it a 1931 -2 British Chev. Dave

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #116322 by fageol100
Dave pretty much has it-I would say a 1932-33 Chev, but I would imagine it's a regular U.S. or Canadian one rather than a British one-by then General Motors were building Bedfords anyway.
Chevrolet used 10 hole wheels similar to these on their 3-5 ton trucks from the early 1930s until probably at least the 1970s. The front hubs only had 5 studs, so you only used every second hole, once the wheel was on you put a spacer on that covered the holes that weren't used. The rear hubs had 10 studs, the studs were quite small diameter and quite close together.
As far as I know Chevy and Oldsmobile trucks and some models of GMC were the only trucks to have this type of wheels. Maple Leaf trucks used 5 stud Motor Wheel wheels.
Ford, Dodge, and International used Budd type wheels, although most 1930s-1940s Inters were on cast spoke wheels. Reo used Motor Wheel wheels like Maple Leaf and some GMCs did. British medium size trucks generally used either 6 stud or 8 stud wheels.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by fageol100.

Time to create page: 0.499 seconds