Skip to main content

have a go at this !

More
10 years 10 months ago #117566 by Mrsmackpaul

I don't no if any of you will be able to guess this I would have thought pretty hard but I have heard that before go your hardest fellas seeya Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #117567 by BK
Replied by BK on topic Re: have a go at this !
Guy.

Trust me

More
10 years 10 months ago #117568 by steveb
Replied by steveb on topic Re: have a go at this !
Looks like Sid Green driving

More
10 years 10 months ago #117569 by indianman
Replied by indianman on topic Re: have a go at this !
Haven't a clue but it must not get too wet there

Jon

More
10 years 10 months ago #117570 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: have a go at this !
Well I dont no what brand to put on it but it is a piece of Aussie nohow just the same I let you all make up own for a brand name have a read below and put up what ever you like wonder if it is still lying about some were if so would have thought it would be worth keeping
regards Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #117571 by fageol100
Replied by fageol100 on topic Re: have a go at this !
Bloody interesting article, Paul, that wheeled dozer is a hard case machine. The Leyland engines used in the Matilda tanks were either E148/E149, E164/E165, or E170/E171 types, all were rated at 95 horsepower each and drove through a 6 speed Wilson epicyclic gearbox. I can't see how they would have got 170 horsepower out of an engine that was originally rated at 95 h.p. though. I think the Leyland tank engines were 7.4 litres/450 c.i.d. and were the forerunner of the later O.600 engine. Earlier Leyland T series diesels such as the 8.6 litre diesel were overhead camshaft engines, but the 7.4 litre/O.450 was a pushrod engine. The 7.4 litre E181 engine rated at 100 h.p. was widely used in Leyland buses.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by fageol100.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #117572 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: have a go at this !
Yep, the E181 was an improved version of the matilda motor and first fitted to the war time mkll Hippo. It was retro fitted to some buses in the UK and was installed to some exports which came here. Design wise it was not at all related to the 600 and was a dead end. However it did live on in industrial units and I have an example of a genset, also with the special style Leyland radiator.
170hp - a journo at work - he says 95 for the motor and 170 for the matilda, which is correct for the left and right motors combined total.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by mammoth.

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds