More
9 years 9 months ago #131978 by murray2230
Replied by murray2230 on topic Re: WheremEye
Ivy Tanks on the old Eyre Highway

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #131979 by BK
Replied by BK on topic Re: WheremEye
4 bladed wind mill, maybe be it's a generator not a pump........ which means regular wind = the doctor, so some where on the old h/way sound right, could be nullabour station, never went in so it's only a guess.

Trust me

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 9 months ago #131980 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: WheremEye
OK Murray got it right
tiz Ivy Tanks old Eyre hwy
[smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

nuther pic from Dazza

WheremEye #35

;D [smiley=beer.gif] ;) [smiley=beer.gif] ;D
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
9 years 9 months ago #131981 by steveb
Replied by steveb on topic Re: WheremEye
No truck stuck under there today Swishy ???

More
9 years 9 months ago #131982 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Re: WheremEye
Swishy, To Easy if I can get it, Flinders and Spencer streets Melbourne Victoria Australia
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #131983 by
Replied by on topic Re: WheremEye
Im was surprised the Ivy Tanks one went off so fast.

The photo of the EH Holden came up when I Googled Ivy Tanks and was very surprised as I knew all the guys in the photo. They were all in the RAAF. I was a passenger/driver in that car in March 1967 when 5 of us drove from Melbourne to Perth (38hrs) and back to Melbourne (42hrs..........2 punctures) to attend a Wedding. Total time away from Melbourne was only 5 Days.

I dont know who took that photo but it would have been taken Xmas 1967 when the guys would have been going to Perth for Leave. I was a passenger/driver in a Mini that didnt miss a beat on the way over that Xmas. I flew back to Melbourne after a big win on the Perth Cup and the poor Mini had a suspension blow out on the left hand side on the gravel on the way back but limped all the way to Melbourne. Try that in a modern car.

The following April(1968) the the Mini owner and I were posted to Darwin and we drove Melbourne/Port Augusta/Alice to Darwin......the only problem was the muffler came off north of Coober Pedy and it was a noisy drive to Alice...........ground clearance was only about 3 inches and at times the sand on the road was deeper...it's a wonder we didn't grind the bottom off the sump/gearbox.
It was lunch time on my 19th birthday as we passed thru/fueled up in Tennant Creek and Hans......the mini owner shouted me a Steak Sandwich which I nearly broke a couple of teeth off on. I was very hungry and took a mighty chomp on it but to my surprise it had been made with a T Bone steak and I bit straight onto the bone.

I had also crossed the Nulabour when it was gravel at Xmas 1966 in a XL Falcon which the owner (Jim) traded in for the EH in the Ivy Tanks photo and then again (both ways) by myself in April 1970 and 1971 in my XR Falcon.

Also been across several times since the new road went in and am going over again by myself in October.

Daz

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 9 months ago #131984 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: WheremEye
well dun Cln
U B right...tiz
Flinders and Spencer streets Melbourne Victoria Australia
U may have a drink or 3
LOL
[smiley=beer.gif] ;D [smiley=beer.gif] ;) [smiley=beer.gif] ;D [smiley=beer.gif]

Steve B
Can B a trik bridge
the trik iz 2 get under it
LOL
the left of pic its 4.00m the right headn East along Flinders iz 4.60m ...... n the middle part of bridge is sumwhere Btween the 2

LOL

WheremEye #36

[smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

Cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #131985 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic Re: WheremEye
It was either this bridge or Montague where a driver of a double-deck bus peeled away the roof.

For the new, I can't enter the ones which I don't know; and I don't want to enter the ones which I do know. I hate wasting good quiz photos, and won't. One story about this bridge. I crossed it once on a tour bus. As we approached, the driver came over the pa: 'There is a funny sensation associated with this bridge. As we cross it, place your fingertips on the windows'. The gullible passengers did. At the far side, he came on again: 'Did you feel the pain?'.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Roderick Smith.

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #131986 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Re: WheremEye
Re: Spencer and Flinders Sts bridge; reminds me of this: 11foot8.com .Just needs Yakety Sax playing in the background ....

Some/many here will have seen this one already, but surely it's new to some.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by asw120.

More
9 years 9 months ago #131987 by ray
Replied by ray on topic Re: WheremEye
That's an easy one Swishy, that's the bridge over the top of Lake Eildon heading towards Mansfield.

Time to create page: 0.942 seconds