Skip to main content

WheremEye

More
2 years 5 months ago #228339 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic WheremEye
No, all okay as is, this one will do for my shot Roderick. ;) Heavens to Murgatroyd that I would ever indulge in skulldugerry!?

Too high Swanny, they're all rough house heathens up there - even the Romans knew when enough was enough and built a wall to keep 'em out!

Lang is in the right place, but London is a wee bit bigger than most people realise.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #228343 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic WheremEye
Going in to Heathrow

More
2 years 5 months ago #228349 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic WheremEye
The only road on which I travelled was at midnight, returning from Aylesbury. My total memory is of two-storey semidetached houses and lots of roundabouts.
My entry:
The road to the cricket ground at St John's Wood (Marylebone?).

Roderick

More
2 years 5 months ago #228351 by Lang
Could be anywhere in England at this stage, give us a clue.

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #228352 by PDU
I like your vague approach to where it is, several roads lead to either of those places.

My "real challenge" is the place and not the road that is the target. :oops: It is like saying that it is Highway 1, on the way to Melbourne - vague you might say? You would recall I said that it was close to my heart, and that wall on the right was half a house at the end of the road where I used to live. In fact my house was the seventh house along that particular road and where I spent the first thirteen years of my life. The place is ............... and the road that is shown is ............... . . . :blink: And, especially for Lang, as an extra clue. it is somewhere in the general area, sort of between Heathrow and Marylebone, that narrows it down. Now I'm off to play 8 Ball. :)

Guess this identifies that PDU is a cunning bloody Celt after all!? :whistle:
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by PDU.

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #228353 by Lang
A white concrete wall behind some trees is not really of much use to blokes who might have visited UK once or twice in their lives. I think you will have to humour us with a few clues to progress.

Maybe some of our poms on the forum might be able to herd us in the right direction.

lang
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #228366 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic WheremEye
PDU, I've already had a Victory Drink for getting the correct Country... Anything else will be a bonus..

The Hospital you were Born in..??

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by hayseed.

More
2 years 5 months ago #228369 by PDU
Back from 8 -Ball, didn't win any games, and to top it off wife rang to say she had possibly killed another car, stuck on the side of the road miles from anywhere after realising she had filled our diesel Ford Territory with petrol, and was waiting for road service to tow it home! That being said . . .
. . . I was relying on the other potential PDU's to sort this one out Lang, which makes me reluctant to give anymore clues just yet.

Considering you are basically flying blind you guys aren't doing too badly so far. Enjoy a wee dram or two hayseed, the hospital was (still is) two miles away and probably wouldn't help a great deal. If no joy from the Northern Hemisphere forum followers by tomorrow lunchtime I'll name the hospital. ;)

More
2 years 5 months ago #228371 by Swanny
Replied by Swanny on topic WheremEye
Wimbledon

More
2 years 5 months ago #228374 by PDU
Wrong side of the River Thames Swanny, and about five miles away.

Time to create page: 0.609 seconds