More
2 years 5 months ago #228380 by Swanny
Replied by Swanny on topic WheremEye
Heathrow

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #228392 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic WheremEye
I have resorted to Google Earth. A40 near Hammersmith Hospital, but Wormwood Scrubs as a childhood abode contradicts that.
Roderick

More
2 years 5 months ago #228395 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic WheremEye
Hammersmith Hospital, A40 - well done but not it's name, it's not Hammersmith though. :huh:

Show how good you are, and use Google maps to follow the road along and you WILL find the white wall, and thus discover the suburb. Be a super sleuth and see if you can discover the name of the road I once lived in. :silly:

More
2 years 5 months ago #228403 by rex
Replied by rex on topic WheremEye
Try Airedale Rd Chiswick

Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms

More
2 years 5 months ago #228404 by PDU
Rex has it, and just too clarify . . . It is the Great West(ern) Road, but also the A40 (A4 as best I could remember?), Chiswick; and the extra bit was, Airedale Avenue.

Here endeth PDU's Wherewaseye B)

More
2 years 5 months ago #228405 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic WheremEye
PDU I have never been to "Dear Old Blighty" and the only mention of Wormwood Scrubs I have heard is that there is a prison (Gaol?) called that. Come on PDU tell us the story, are you an escapee? or did you do your time?:P

Oh Boy I hate computers. I had typed the first line of this and my anti-virus software popped up and told me that my free trial was about to end. I have never agreed to a free trial of their enhanced software that I will have to pay for. It comes up at least once a week often at the most inappropriate time. This time it took at least six clicks on the X to close it down and then it tried to open Gumtree. After I managed to stop that I found that it had frozen this forum, so I had to close the whole computer down and re-boot it. Of course when I managed to re-open the forum, my message had disappeared. While writing this last sentence it had the cheek to tell me my (free) version of their crap was not protecting my computer

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
2 years 5 months ago #228412 by PDU
No idea Morris, I have no connection with Wormwood Scrubs, and never have. To me it is just the name of a prison. :huh:

More
2 years 5 months ago #228468 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic WheremEye
PDU Don't get upset, I was just joking about Wormwood Scrubs. I did not know it was a suburb. Roderick came up with the name and you said you grew up in that general area, so I thought I would pull your leg. A friend here has the surname Biggs and as he is a retired Civil Engineer he is good at woodwork. He swears that his first name was never Ronnie, who worked as a carpenter in Melbourne, and says he is not a Great Train Robber. He does not have an English accent, so I suppose he is OK. He does drive a dark blue 1993 Nissan Patrol and when I asked him why he killed the couple in the bush at Wonnangatta (that is the time and colour of vehicle the Police are looking for) he just laughed.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
2 years 5 months ago #228476 by PDU
Don't panic Morris, I laugh most things off, shades of water off a duck's back. ;) :lol:

PS Congratulations at finally joining me with the tru blu look . . . :huh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris

More
2 years 5 months ago #228480 by rex
Replied by rex on topic WheremEye
Hello to all
Anyone can have my turn no idea how to post a picture.
Rex

Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms
The following user(s) said Thank You: PDU

Time to create page: 0.678 seconds