Skip to main content

Derelict fire engine - Mt. Isa c1986

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #143824 by asw120
I photographed this when I was a teenager in the mid 80's. From memory it was in Mt. Isa, but I could be mistaken. It was in a vacant lot next to a servo.

Can anyone identify it, or even remember it and know what became of it? These are all the pictures I have, sorry. I have been looking for them for ages.

ASW.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by asw120.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #143825 by Bugly
Old Dennis from the 1930's.

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #143826 by Beaver
It is a 1923 Dennis 45 HP model, originally from Sydney.

Not sure how it got to Mt Isa, but somehow the local Lions Club had it and put it in a park as an amusement. It found its way from there to Perth, where it has been fully restored back to its original condition.

I had some correspondence from the current owner 6 or 7 years ago, and he had just got it back to operating condition, and was recreating the bodywork.

All the correspondence seems to have been lost during change of computers, so I can't readily find photos of it.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Beaver.

More
9 years 10 months ago #143827 by asw120
Thankyou! Not only identified, but the best news I could hope for. :)

ASW.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
9 years 10 months ago #143828 by Beaver
The new owner was keen. I remember he said that the chassis rails were twisted and he had to get new ones made up. All the other missing bits on the engine and gearbox were refabricated.

Not a job for the faint hearted.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

More
9 years 10 months ago #143829 by Bugly
Almost shows that NOTHING is past saving ... if the bag full of money is big enough!! ;)

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds