Skip to main content

Where is this?

More
7 years 11 months ago #170097 by Roderick Smith
I'm not trying to steal Swishy's thread. This isn't a quiz; I don't know the answer. I have inherited five deceased estates, and this comes from the one where I know the least. It came via an intermediary.
The two views are from the start of the film which continued to a Lakes Entrance (Vic.) holiday.
The photographer was a Melbourne resident.
Between these and the lakes there are a few camping in bush: mountain foothills, near a river.
My first thought was a Snowy dam. This isn't the road: this is a walkway, and apparently not simply one side of a road bridge, and probably on top of a dam.
I used Google Earth to check Glenmaggie, but the width is wrong, and the fencing is wrong.
Moondarra isn't a boating lake; Thomson hadn't been built.
He could have come via Tumut, Eucumbene and the Bonang, but almost certainly was towing a caravan, with a boat on the car roof. He would also have taken more photos.
This isn't prime material for this group, but viewers here have more skill at funny places than those on any other group to which I subscribe.
The two were taken in Mar.69, as the opening two in a film.
I've solved one other mystery from that film, which I could run as a quiz, but there is no point.

Roderick

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #170098 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Where is this?
I asked the Princess she reckons Tarago was new around that time
It must have been a new dam as the tree in the water in the bottom photo isnt dead yet

Its not Hazelwood pondage and its not Narracan Blue Rock wasnt built yet and thats about all she can tell me dunno if this is any help

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roderick Smith

More
7 years 11 months ago #170102 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic Where is this?
Thanks: more eliminations. The vegetation is more alpine than lower Gippsland. Blue Rock is long and thin. I have yet to explore Talbingo.

Roderick

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds