Skip to main content

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #191962 by bparo
I still like this one :)
My personal preference is for bonneted trucks and I wanted one where the guards looked seperate to the bonnet not one flat expanse covering the guards. This doesn't mean I don't like, or can't appreciate other things, it just a preference on bigger vehicles (which may be also explained that I find most cab-overs almost impossible to get into).

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #191980 by Dave_64
Maybe a little off topic, but personally modern trucks with all the chrome (bling), 27000 LED lights and enough chrome to blind a bat, do absolutely nothing for this reader.
Don't really care, COE or bonnetted, as long as it's OLD.
Wouldn't cross the street to look at anything built the last 25 years or so, like cars, seem to have lost their appeal to me, all look the same.
Anything square, high and wide, minimal "goodies" but a mickey mouse paint job, or those old long bonnets, rounded (or checker-plate guards) with low rooflines still get me in.
Seen some old gems on both this forum and at the few truck shows I do get to.
At the risk of blathering on about it, still reckon an old 'B' model, or an 'R' model Inter tidied up still gets my vote.
Just as an aside, caught a few shows on TV with that Ian bloke, the sheet metal man who scrounges up stuff out of mates boneyards and turns them into absolute treasures. leaves all those other custom build restoration shows for dead, again in my opinion. Latest one I caught he put a 'C' model Ford shed , circa 1920's, onto a late 60's chassis and turned it into a tow truck with a manual winch for a mate of his.
Watching him work is a treat, really laid back guy, makes the odd blue and cheerfully admits it. Just don't know how he'd get on with OH&S though, safety wear seems to be optional other than jeans, tee shirts and work boots.
Dave

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #191986 by overnite
That show takes me back to my youth, when I was an apprentice. When what you wanted either wasn't available, or you couldn't afford it, so you made it. Might have been a bit rough, but it worked.. When I built my first hot rod, it was built out of different parts of different cars. Speed equipment,? couldn't afford it, so I made my own twin carb manifold and extractors. Where I worked didn't have a surface grinder, so I shaved the heads on a milling machine. Actually, it doesn't seem 54 years ago. How time flies.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #191999 by grandad
This one looks nice

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim, PaulFH

Time to create page: 0.551 seconds