Skip to main content

True or False, was there ever a JAPANESE WHITE

14 years 1 month ago #24231 by
If there was, you'd think there would be mention of it in 'Truck n Bus'. I dont think there ever was.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #24232 by Tatra

More
13 years 9 months ago #24233 by Jumbo
Had a work mate on the Sunny Coast who used to talk about driving an imported furniture truck in the 70's, have emailed him to see if it is the same one at Beewah.
Will let you know.
He is now in tour coaches and probally on tour so it may take awhile to get answers

Regards
Jumbo

RFW # 116 - 4x2

More
13 years 9 months ago #24234 by Jumbo
My mate emailed us today as below:

"Yes that is the truck I drove. It started life with Sunshine Coast Removals I believe one of 3 bought in to Australia. Not sure where the others went to. The motor blew up in it. It was originally a Hino and apparently a bit gutless so it was replaced with the GM and Allison just before I started with the company, was a noisy old banger but was good to drive and did a lot of miles in it certainly kept you awake. Was interesting with no retarder or auxiliary braking kept you on your toes. I will somewhere have a photo of her but will have to go back a long time to find it.

It was the same time that Bedford bought out the Isuzu range with the Bedford badges on them."

Regards Jumbo

RFW # 116 - 4x2

More
13 years 9 months ago #24235 by werkhorse
Those HE Hinos were sold in NZ i think maybe the 3 were diverted here.

There was a bloke here in Nth Tassie .....Jeff Morrell ?? had a very early Isuzu with a 671 GM and R/Ranger box ran for years pulling a float. from memory it was a V series Isuzu.

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
13 years 9 months ago #24236 by ray
Back in 1975-76 while living in Sydney I had a few dealings with Toyota at Taren Point. One time I was there they had a Hino that was fitted with what appeared to be a V8 Cummins. I was then informed that it was a Japanese copy of said engine and the truck was here for secret trials. I would imagine it went back to Japan as I never saw it again

More
13 years 9 months ago #24237 by Jumbo
This was the White / Hino that was at Beerwah that Jeff Park used to drive. He is still looking for other photos of it.

Photo by Jeff Park

Regards
Jumbo

RFW # 116 - 4x2

More
13 years 9 months ago #24238 by Jumbo
Photo after repower - Twin stacks 6v53 & Allison

Regards
Jumbo

RFW # 116 - 4x2

More
13 years 9 months ago #24239 by werkhorse
ohhh eck!!!!! someones been thinkin n drinkin a bit too much

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
13 years 9 months ago #24240 by Jumbo
You lost me with the last post Werkhorse?
Is that the Hino you were thinking about?

It did have a 2 peice flat windscreen mod.

RFW # 116 - 4x2

Time to create page: 0.563 seconds