Skip to main content

True or False, was there ever a JAPANESE WHITE

More
13 years 8 months ago #24241 by werkhorse
Well I'm about as knowledgeable as everyone else about this ....um.... lets say..... mean machine.... My last post was more a reference to the very interesting conversion. I've seen some different conversions like White/mack or Jap chassis with Yank driveline but never a half/half mix with the cab.

Altho they seem to have done a pretty good job of making everything look as if it were the real thing/ex factory.

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24242 by Old AB
Werkhorse... The bedford of Geoff Morrells had the GM fitted by Motors. Alby Walters done the job if my memory is correct. Motors was the GM agent, before Detroit had there own agency at Rocherlea. The motor fitted in without a lot of mods.. Used the 13 speed that came factory fitted...... Just off track for a second,,, The UD of KE Linehaul with the 237 Mack motor,, is that still about???

Keep old inters alive.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24243 by werkhorse
...... Just off track for a second,,, The UD of KE Linehaul with the 237 Mack motor,, is that still about???

...hmmmm.....thats a new one on me......any pics ???

Might have to dive into Danny's pic albums and see if i/we can remember it.

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
13 years 8 months ago #24244 by Old AB
Was out at Island Block as a tray truck mate..

Keep old inters alive.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24245 by werkhorse
yuor a bugger of a thing tony..............ya had me up thinking about that truck for most of the night.

ya mean the Green/white UD CWA45 brick truck???

Haven't seen it around here for ...about 4-5 years now

More
13 years 8 months ago #24246 by Old AB
Wasnt any others with the mack repower that i no of... Was a great truck, even had the air start... Would be a good truck to restore. That conversion was done in about 1980 --- 82 by Websters...

Keep old inters alive.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24247 by bigcam
I remember a Louisville being repowered with a coolpower in the 80's, still had the 15 speed in it, I reckon it's long gone.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24248 by werkhorse
Dunno if you remember the truck or not Tony but Drummer Rigby had a blue Scania T142 with the V8 scania motor ...any way in about 97-98 we had it in the workshop to get the V8 out and transplant a 350 Cummins in........took a while but the drivers loved it 350 Cummins 20 speed Spicer and the rest Scania........Plenty of power with all of the comfort.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24249 by Old AB
Wasn't that Gumboot Scania Gundy's??? Had the motor out of one of the LTL louisvilles rebuilt and fitted.. Done a trip from Burts Backyard, down to the woodchip and unloaded it for Gundy. Kerry Wells drove it when it had the V8 Scania motor. Loved the sound of the V8.. Close to the V8 Mack sound... BEAUTIFULL.....

Keep old inters alive.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24250 by werkhorse
hmmm.........I know Gundy ended up with it ......... me think's me body might be younger than me brain(and more useful too)........I know it was still in Drummers name when it was in the workshop

Time to create page: 0.529 seconds