Skip to main content

Were there many of these around?

More
11 years 3 months ago #104272 by fageol100

I hope whoever posted this in the first place doesn't mind me using your photo, I imagine it came from this forum. What is the truck on the left? As far as I know there were 2 of these came to N.Z. in the early 1960s, several years before the brand was officially on sale here.-Hamish Petrie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #104273 by werkhorse
Isuzu ?

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

11 years 3 months ago #104274 by
Looks like a Toyota.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #104275 by fageol100
It is an Isuzu werkhorse, I don't think these were ever officially sold in Kiwiland, although I've seen photos of two that were owned by a chap at Napier, I think it was, in the early 1960s. I remember there was a photo in a Truck and Bus magazine years ago, of a fleet line up with about 3 of these Isuzu trucks and they were described as long forgotten Studebakers. I showed a mate as I couldn't find any pictures of Studebaker trucks that looked like this, and he said, hell no, they're not even American, they're Japanese. He had photos of the Kiwi ones that as far as I know didn't survive.-Hamish Petrie
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by fageol100.

11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #104276 by
hi fageol .. there was an ad in T&BT in around the mid 'sixties offering these things for sale in Australia...

...i also read in a later edition that there was quite a stink over the distribution rights caused by a distinct lack of back up service and warranty...

...at a pinch i can try to dig these details up for clarification....cheers mate

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #104277 by werkhorse

It is an Isuzu werkhorse, I don't think these were ever officially sold in Kiwiland, although I've seen photos of two that were owned by a chap at Napier, I think it was, in the early 1960s. I remember there was a photo in a Truck and Bus magazine years ago, of a fleet line up with about 3 of these Isuzu trucks and they were described as long forgotten Studebakers. I showed a mate as I couldn't find any pictures of Studebaker trucks that looked like this, and he said, hell no, they're not even American, they're Japanese. He had photos of the Kiwi ones that as far as I know didn't survive.-Hamish Petrie

I think they look more like AA Inter's than anything

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by werkhorse.

More
11 years 3 months ago #104278 by fageol100

I think they look more like AA Inter's than anything

Those front guards sure do resemble an AA series Inter, werkhorse.-Hamish Petrie

More
11 years 2 months ago #104279 by fageol100
The first Isuzu trucks to be sold here officially by GMNZ from about 1971 were like this-DH100-205 h.p. indirect injection motor, set forward front axle-Hamish Petrie nt

11 years 2 months ago #104280 by
Hamish is that International "Butter Box" in the back ground. Dave

More
11 years 2 months ago #104281 by fageol100

Hamish is that International "Butter Box" in the back ground. Dave

Yes it is Dave, just the cab I think.-Hamish

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds