Replied by LN700 on topic WotZit
Swishy.

LN700 B) :cheer:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #236060 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic WotZit
Peterbilt 220.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #236086 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic WotZit
Drinx for

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTur0VjgeriAgv14EcoDALmOz4goUQwZeALbKVVN4W40VSSRRENiYFntWGielqQvnCJIOs&usqp=CAU

Tiz A:
2013 Kenworth K370 4x2 truck

A 2013 Kenworth K370 4x2 with Paccar's own 6.7 liter PX-6 diesel engine, built in Mexicali, Mexico. Used to deliver bread from Port Chester, NY

Wotzit # 743

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0579/8641/6790/products/TRUKSTUBY0011-Kenworth-Truck-Star-Power-Stubby-Cooler_1200x.jpg?v=1629511306

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Swishy.

More
1 year 10 months ago #236096 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic WotZit
Sorry Swishy but I have this vehicle in my "one day create a replica" file - will never happen!

This photograph depicts a 15-passenger White charabanc excursion vehicle with a body made in Sydney by Smith & Waddington Ltd in about 1922. The American firm, The White Motor Co. of Cleveland, Ohio, were car and later truck manufacturers between 1900 and 1980. Onto their chassis the Sydney body builders, Smith & Waddington Ltd, made this luxury touring charabanc body. The White charabanc was owned and operated by N.L. Day of Coogee to take tourists on day trips to the Royal National Park and Jenolan Caves during the 1920s.

This photograph is part of a small collection of objects relating to the important Sydney motor body building firm, Smith & Waddington Ltd, from 1921 to 1929. Smith & Waddington was very well known in Australia in the 1920s for building luxury hand-made car bodies for imported chassis, especially Rolls-Royce, in their Camperdown factory from 1921. Albums of finished cars were shown to prospective clients for them choose and develop their preferred design. The album in this collection may have been one of those produced.

The reason for the local body work, as noted by John Dunn in 'Comeng: A History of Commonwealth Engineering Vo1 1: 1921-1955', was that during World War I there were few ships and little space to import entire cars to Australia so chassis only began to arrive here. By the 1920s the enormous growth in demand for cars led to the development of a local thriving motor body building industry. As well as Smith & Waddington Ltd other Sydney firms included: R.L. Archer at 112 Parramatta Road; the Missenden Road Body Works Ltd; Propert Motor Body Co. at Newtown; and Lou Fitch's body works and E.E. Agate at Summer Hill. During this time there were some 90 different car makers advertising 300 model variations.

As well as luxurious car bodies, Smith & Waddington tapped into the lucrative bus body building market in the 1920s spurred on by the increased public transport requirements from Sydney's growing population which had almost doubled since 1901. Many ex-servicemen experienced in driving and maintaining motor vehicles during the War, set up local bus runs. Up to the 1920s most of Sydney's buses had been imported from America so Smith & Waddington were one of the first local companies to begin bus body work. By 1925 they were making 60 small, single-deck bus bodies over a 4-month period. Photographs of their bus bodies are included in this collection of photographs and album which clearly illustrate the fashions, methods of production and motor body building industry at the time.

The Great Depression of 1929 put an end to Smith & Waddington's luxury car body production and the firm went into liquidation, re-emerging as the Waddington Body Co. Ltd, eventually making double-deck bus bodies for the New South Wales Department of Road Transport and Tramways from 1935 and rail buses from 1936. The firm moved to Granville in 1937, was taken over by the Federal Government during the Second World War to make aircraft hangars and freight wagons, became Commonwealth Engineering Co. Ltd in 1946 and COMENG from 1963. They made buses and railway wagons and passenger vehicles for transport operators all over Australia until its closure in 1989.

Dunn, John, 'Comeng: A History of Commonwealth Engineering Vo1 1: 1921-1955', Rosenberg Publishing Pty Ltd, Dural, NSW, 2006, pp.9-21.

Information provided by Mary Tugnett.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wouldyou, eerfree, Morris, Normanby, PaulFH

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
1 year 10 months ago #236112 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic WotZit
Drinx for Lang

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQex3ra8_vCqTqLoutYDsrxRo5LgODEK_hfe84WaJjmeLI2NskoD-DDJ-L6GLcufZgZsyM

Tiz A:
SydneyAustralia1925Charabanc used for taking tourists into the bushland around SydneyThe chassis was built by the White Motor Co of Cleveland Ohio The body was built in Sydney by Sydney body builders Smith and Waddington

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmnDKZJVJhVlrLHMsnlxpzHUrGv8KC2zyeaA&usqp=CAU

Wotzit # 744

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
1 year 10 months ago #236113 by Dodgeydude
Replied by Dodgeydude on topic WotZit
Well I have no idea if they ever made the brand but I have to guess a Simpson :evil:

Many useful things fall off trucks

More
1 year 10 months ago #236115 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic WotZit
Looks Morrissey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

More
1 year 10 months ago #236116 by grandad
Replied by grandad on topic WotZit
White?