Skip to main content

You Are Banned From Forum!

More
10 years 1 month ago #137952 by fargo1
Went to log on the other day & this message popped up, You Are Banned From The Forum!! :'( :'( :'( What have I done???? Nah, Havnt posted for a while , can't be anything I said. Maybe they know what your thinking now. No havn't even had any bad thoughts. Oh well as you can see I'm not banned any more. Has this happened to anyone else?
:-/ :-/ :-/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #137953 by dieseldog
I've had that message come up on other forums before, but only ever on my phone. Sometimes, I could try again and it would work, others times it would ban me for weeks, and then just let me in again. Maybe its just the old server playing up....

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #137954 by lantana jack

Went to log on the other day & this message popped up, You Are Banned From The Forum!! :'( :'( :'( What have I done???? Nah, Havnt posted for a while , can't be anything I said. Maybe they know what your thinking now. No havn't even had any bad thoughts. Oh well as you can see I'm not banned any more. Has this happened to anyone else?
:-/ :-/ :-/

Fargo1, Maybe the forum recognises you as a dodgy sorta person and bans ya :D ...Hat, coate...........

“The improver of natural knowledge absolutely refuses to acknowledge authority, as such. For him, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin.” Thomas Huxley
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by lantana jack.

10 years 1 month ago #137955 by
Replied by on topic Re: You Are Banned From Forum!
This can occur if the IP address the forum see's that you are coming from has been used by spammers or other undesirable people. It is not meant to occur to valid members.

The difficulty come up that some ISP's do not provide a fixed IP address to its users. This means that each time you connect you could get a different number. It is like a mobile phone that you keep getting different phone numbers! (Mobile broad band (including phones) I don't think ever get static IP addresses)

So either you don't have a fixed address from your ISP or you could be connecting from a different location to normal or something else is happening! Most likely it isn't your fault. It is the forum thinking you are a bad person based on where it thinks you are coming from.

More
10 years 1 month ago #137956 by bigcam
At a guess Fargo, all that happened is you logged on while they were having a go at the Forum Upgrade. While they were working on it, pretty much everyone was banned.

I wouldn't worry about it, you can obviously access it now.

10 years 1 month ago #137957 by
Replied by on topic Re: You Are Banned From Forum!
...maybe you got banned 'cause you subliminally hated the forum ;D ;D....i know i have sometimes!! ::) ::) ;D ;D 8-) 8-)

More
10 years 1 month ago #137958 by fargo1

This can occur if the IP address the forum see's that you are coming from has been used by spammers or other undesirable people. It is not meant to occur to valid members.

The difficulty come up that some ISP's do not provide a fixed IP address to its users. This means that each time you connect you could get a different number. It is like a mobile phone that you keep getting different phone numbers! (Mobile broad band (including phones) I don't think ever get static IP addresses)

So either you don't have a fixed address from your ISP or you could be connecting from a different location to normal or something else is happening! Most likely it isn't your fault. It is the forum thinking you are a bad person based on where it thinks you are coming from.

Thanks JBlair, I was on my phone and I was 400kms from home. Tried to log on a few times but no go. Tried again when I got home, Bingo I'm in!
Lantana Jack, it was raining and I had been wearing a coat and hat.... mmmmm ::) ::) ::)

More
10 years 1 month ago #137959 by Ladylani
I got that the other day but then I am a bit naughty, I have unblock us on my computer so I can access American only sites lol, once I turned it off, i was able to get in fine, may have been that unblock us constantly sends out us based ip addresses.

Busy artist mummy to 5&&Love my hubby

Time to create page: 0.485 seconds