Skip to main content

club rego questions

More
9 years 7 months ago #148044 by 77d5n653
Replied by 77d5n653 on topic Re: club rego questions
at the moment 4 club rego u still can but its looking like roadworthies from 2015

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #148045 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: club rego questions
Of course to put the trailer on club permit plates it needs to be signed off by the club you belong to and the VicRoads form says you need a Roadworthy or safety certificate and they won't register anything without one (at least at the Echuca office! They knocked back a Machinery Certificate my club had endorsed because it wasn't a roadworthy or safety certificate).

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

9 years 7 months ago #148046 by
Replied by on topic Re: club rego questions
Bruce the machinery certificate you are talking about must be the machinery pack for tractors and I am happy to see that at least one vicroads office is not allowing them to be used for club rego on tractors.

The reason I am saying this is tractors should not be on our roads unless they have proper reasons to be like farming or roadside work.
I know the hops I have to jump thru to operate my tractors on roadsides and also the restrictions I have on them like I must be within a 2 km distance from my truck at all times so when I do any long roads I work on a 2km section then move the truck and start another section. I also have to have a letter from the local council to confirm I am working for them.

I know the larger company's that do the highways have even tougher restrictions with attenuators and signage and distances to support vehicles.

Trevor

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #148047 by bparo
Trevor, I wanted the plates so I could take it on Tractor Treks, around displays etc. Do you want all tractors banned from the roads? If so hand in the plates from the 27 as a lot of tractors are faster than it!

Where I live we have as many tractors taking implements up and down the road as cars. It is a dirt road. Club reg would also let me get it to a loading ramp to put on the Inter to take it to displays etc. Also WH&S are requiring tractors to be registered to drive them from the loading ramp to display areas as rally or display grounds are Places of Public Entertainment therefore moving equipment needs to be registered for TAC coverage purposes.

I would not be driving it down the 100kmh stretches of the Northern Highway or anything like that unless it was part of an organized trek but the dirt road at my gate is s 100kmh zone too (if you are game). The difference is people are expecting tractors, animals etc. on our road and it's possible to get from here to town without using a 100kmh stretch of the Northern Highway. The local farmers and contractors do it fairly regularly as by the time you load it onto a truck and tie it on you have driven in.

I am now looking at full registration as there's a chance I can pick up enough work with the Fergie to cover the cost. One of the farmers who wants it lives about 6km south down our road

Unfortunately some people (mainly big city drivers) think every 100kmh bitumen road is a freeway so don't slow even when the car in front indicates to turn down a road with one of those large green direction signs let alone a farmer turning up his driveway. They can't even see rubbish trucks doing their weekly pickup runs.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by bparo.

9 years 7 months ago #148048 by
Bruce do I think all tractors should be banned from club plates yes I do.

Why should someone be allowed to register a tractor on club plates and jump in it and drive all around Australia with it without any restrictions when tractors operated on full registration have always had very very strict conditions applied to them to get full registration and still continue to now.

I never said it had anything to do with speed it has everything to do with the rules for full registration.

Trevor

More
9 years 7 months ago #148049 by bparo
Trevor,
I know the hoops you went through to get your tractors registered for your slashing business and I wouldn't like those hoops either but it doesn't mean I would prevent others. Slashing also has a higher than normal probability of throwing rocks and other potentially dangerous items than just driving down the road which is why there may be tougher restrictions regarding signage, distance from vehicles etc.

It shouldn't be this way but it appears it also depends which office you go to or which person serves you as to what happens. I know of 3 tractors put on club plates using the machinery pack since I was knocked back.

Also talking to members of the local car club on a run recently one member had taken his paperwork signed by the club to VicRoads and the office wanted a letter from the club authorising the vehicle to be registered via the club with engine number, chassis number and stating any modifications (including fitting blinkers, stereo etc) before they would process it. I mentioned it to an HCVCA authourised signatory and he hadn't heard of it yet club members are putting vehicles on the CPS scheme at the rate of 1 a week!

I haven't heard what the plans are for tractors under the new scheme but was sent a copy of the letter VicRoads have sent to clubs. Depending where and how the lines are drawn vehicles like your KB inter will probably end up on modified or street rod plates and are likely to need engineers certification. The letter doesn't go into the detail the AOMC received in a presentation from VicRoads to their quarterly meeting but I haven't seen a written report from that. They do offer to come to clubs to explain the changes so that may be a good guest speaker for a club meeting.

9 years 7 months ago #148050 by
Bruce

It very simple " joe blow" cannot go down to vicroads and register any equipment ie:Tractor, bobcat, forklift etc etc for use on our roads unless they have a specific use for it and it will have strict conditions/restrictions applied to it.

The farmers who are running equipment along the roads have F plates and this allows them to travel short distances between properties but again strict restrictions apply.

So why should " joe blow" be able to club register these without any conditions applied.

So yes once again I say tractors should not be allowed on club plates. If you need insurance to move them around at events go to an insurance company.

Trevor

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #148051 by bparo
Insurance Companies don't sell 3rd party personal damage (as opposed to property damage) in Victoria, that is provided by TAC which is a component of the Club Plate or full registration fees.

It also doesn't solve the issue of how to get the tractor to somewhere I can legally and safely load it. I don't have the money to purchase a tilt tray or banana back for the job.

Also even club plate tractors usually have some restrictions. They usually can't 'take off on a tour around Australia' as you suggest. The most common one is no driving on roads at night. others include a distance from home (often 30km) unless on an organised event so unless the tour around Australia is an organised event (say by the Fergie club) it won't happen.

Lets agree to disagree and move on

Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by bparo.

More
9 years 7 months ago #148052 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: club rego questions
Jeez Trev, we hear the pain but don't take it out on the rest of the community.
For comparison as a primary producer in NSW I sign a roadworthy declaration and pay $58 for conditional rego on my tractor and do as I please so long as operation and fitted equipment are compatible - eg don't drive at night with no lights. Plant such as backhoe same deal. Tractors on club rego in NSW have EXACTLY the same conditions as trucks.
The load rules for historic trucks in Qld is an issue (wanted, low tare weight lunch box!) and shows what happens when the car side of the movement are left to do the negotiating.

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #148053 by
...driving up the Ballarat bypass on Sunday we were ''able'' to manoeuvre fairly smartly around a very ancient slow going vintage car.....she would have been doing all of 25 MPH......

.....probably most of us forum members can recognise a potential danger and react accordingly in due time.....but what about the Chinga on his/her mobile, texting away, and ''expecting'' everyone to be roughly doing the same sort of thing, at the same speed ?? ::) ::) :o :o

....because of this scenario and unfortunately for the enthusiast with a genuine regard for days past.... EVERY slow moving vehicle has to be deemed to be an absolute hazard on most roads and highways nowadays......

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds