Skip to main content

Do we need a resource Library

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #151899 by
Replied by on topic Re: Do we need a resource Library
...g'day all .. in all sincerity, and you if type in the right key words, with a bit of practice google is definitely your friend....

...always preface your search with ''HCVC Forum'' as it has become the most amazing repository for all things to do with any form of transportation...and for that matter, other things not even related....this forum has a very rich fabric.

...your search will also lead you to new links that can be explored and navigated....

.... at that point it's all up to the individual to travel as far they want in their search....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #151900 by bparo
As I stated elsewhere I think a resource library is a good idea however I don't think the forum is an appropriate place for it due to the inability to index it properly to enable things to be found easily.

I have suggested that appropriate information from the forum could be placed on the main hcvc website along with a current library list. Yes it's a bit of work to set up initially and would need to be updated weekly but would also form a useful service to club members whether based in Melbourne or elsewhere.

The other advantage to the club of that is that it would increase traffic to the main website giving the HCVC run events more exposure.

Unfortunately the response from the committee was to try and get the forum only accessible via the main club website which is not feasible from a technology viewpoint

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds