Skip to main content

Editing issues

More
8 years 2 months ago #166753 by dieseldog
Editing issues was created by dieseldog
I have a problem in that when I am replying to a thread and accidentally try to edit the preview, it exits the reply page and I lose everything I've written. It has happened several times to me now and its a real bugger, especially when I'm proof reading a rather long winded comment and lose the lot. Maybe I just need to remember to do my editing in the right window, but has anyone else come across this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #166776 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Editing issues
dieseldog just been mucking around trying to loss it and the only way it disappears is if I leave the page to go back and read something else on a another thread and then try to come back and it's gone, if I want to make reference to something else on another thread on hcvc forum I open a new tab and go into the forum on the new tab, that way you keep your preview one there to go back to.

Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Mairjimmy. Reason: fixing tap to tab

More
8 years 2 months ago #166780 by dno
Replied by dno on topic Editing issues
I've had issues on other forums where the reply box times out while replying or editing my reply, the simple way to avoid this problem is to write the reply as a draft in your emails then copy, cut and paste it to the reply window of the thread. The other way is to left click holding down moving across your text to highlight it, then right click and copy it, if you loose your reply you can then right click again in the reply box, then click paste and the last copy/save will come back up.

Chipping away, one day at a time.
Limited Access Excavations.
Find me on Instagram, or search deankummer.com

More
8 years 2 months ago #166903 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Editing issues

The other way is to left click holding down moving across your text to highlight it, then right click and copy it, if you loose your reply you can then right click again in the reply box, then click paste and the last copy/save will come back up.

A simpler way to select all the text is to put the cursor anywhere in the text and hold the Ctrl button down while you press the letter A(Ctrl+A) and the text should highlight in blue. Then Ctrl+C to copy it and if you lose it, Ctrl+V to paste it back in to the reply box. This works on Windows devices.

I agree with Mairjiimmy's description about leaving the page and then using the back key to comeback and his advice for using Tabs, not taps, is the best solution here.

And for Diesel Puppy's ability to edit a Preview, i tried and couldn't do it, so not quite sure exactly what he is up to there.

Terry

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds