Skip to main content

what happened to the forum yesterday?

More
14 years 3 months ago #20921 by wgipps
Hi
Is it just me or did this happen as a result of something?
I logged in yesterday from my favorites hyperlink as i always have. It told me i needed to login in again. After of a couple of failed attempts, i gave up and came back later. It then let me in.
Today, when i went to my favorites hyperlink to log in again, it had to physically login - username and password.
This has never happened to me before - was there an upgrade or downgrade or something that happened yesterday that may have caused this?

"If I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a little?&qu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #20922 by IHScout
I had to login again this morning. When you log in there is a drop down box at the side that says how long you want to be kept logged in for. Need to select an option that is "always" or something like that. The system must have gone down and logged everyone out.

Dennis

More
14 years 3 months ago #20923 by bigcam
I'm in concurrance.I usually just click on the last 20 posts in the drop down doo hicker in the browser, and I had to redo it to make it work.

More
14 years 3 months ago #20924 by Gryphon
Hi,

Yesterday I did some work implementing a new version of the main Hcvc website and as part of that cleaned up a few issues in the way the people access the HCVC Website and the HCVC Vintage Truck Forum.

The change that is causing the problems being described here is some people were accessing the site via www.hcvc.com.au and others were using hcvc.com.au(no www). For reasons like ease of maintenance and better search engine rankings I changed things so everyone now uses www.hcvc.com.au and redirect every one using hcvc.com.au to use the www

However your logon information is stored in a cookie, not the sort you can eat, and it thinks www.hcvc.com.au and hcvc.com.au are two different sites so it is forcing you to re-logon.

You should only have to logon once if you follow the directions given by IHScout.

Bookmarks shouldn't be affected but depending on the way you access certain items you may have to reset/refresh them to use the www.hcvc.com.au

Terry Pollard

More
14 years 3 months ago #20925 by cribotow
Thanks Gryphon m8, i got all that ,now my brain hurts again, but that might be the Bedford causing that :-/ :-/

&&Grasp

Time to create page: 0.446 seconds