Skip to main content

Photos from other platforms

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #211662 by DieselFan
Hello,

I found some interesting photos on another platform. (FB)

Is it allowed to post them here with an information f. ex. found on..... or better not?

Clemens
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by DieselFan.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #211667 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Photos from other platforms
Hi,

I would provide a link back to the site where you found the image as recognition and reward to the person(s) who has curated their piece of the internet, particularly if it is original content, and if there is other relevant content that might be of interest people on a historic truck forum.

I don't like to provide links to sites that are low quality no original content, part of website farms. If you like the image but not the site use Google image search and see if you can find it on a better site or the original source of the image.

You also have the option to link to the image on that site or save the image and upload it to this site. Links to an image on a photo hosting site, FB and other places where the images might disappear or the link could change then we lose the image. If is it s good image you want to see it preserved then save and upload.

And as another general comment if you are uploading your own photos or other original images look at putting a watermark on the image with at least your name and optionally the URL of the site where you have uploaded it.

Terry

More
3 years 10 months ago #211672 by Mrsmackpaul
If it's on Faceless book I wouldn't get fussed about sharing it to hear and I guess the same goes for other sites
Unless its a private Faceless book page or closed forum
I always try and add any info that goes with the photo and give credit to whom ever is the photo original owner

So feel free to share away

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
3 years 10 months ago #211675 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Photos from other platforms
Wot appears on my computer screen
iz now mine
to do wot I like with it
if U dun like me [strike]Stealing, Grabbin, Using, Piratin[/strike]
dun put m up
LOL
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rattail 1927

More
3 years 9 months ago #211677 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Photos from other platforms
I agree with Swishy for anything that is corporate, government or generally in the public domain (which legally everything is once it is posted unless you are using it for gain).

For original photos it is nice to acknowledge the owner but without a watermark how do you know. Any accompanying text or title is lost in the first save or repost. Personally, watermarks annoy me considerably. I have hundreds of my personal photos drifting out there and often run across them and have even seen a few watermarked as somebody's collection.

I have written many short stories for club magazines and written content is protected by law but there are quite a lot of these stories that have appeared in other club magazines and even twice in newspapers with no acknowledgement and 3 times (to my knowledge) credited to another person. You just have to get over it and realise it is a rich harvest and we are all better informed and contributing to the common good.

Sad as it might be, if you post it there is nothing, legally or practically, to stop your photo being used by the whole world. Many people are wankers who watermark photos they have stolen with such things as "The John Smith Collection". You see many photos from the Australian War Memorial which are free to anybody for non-commercial use watermarked as somebody's collection.

Just like there is no such thing as privacy there is no such thing as a private photo post outside closed to the public sites.

Lang

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #211679 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Photos from other platforms
I spent four years as a Print Editor for the S.A. Education Department, and copyright was expressly under my control (? :lol: ). With approximately fifteen Course Developers, each working on as many as a dozen course booklets per year, there was a reasonably heavy degree of copyright material involved. Basically we used every means to acknowledge and/or contact "owners" where possible, and when not had a covering note to address issues later. In the four years I was there we never had a problem. :blink:
So far as anything I put on this forum is concerned: if it is of use to anybody go for it, if I'm acknowledged :woohoo: I can only say I would be flattered, BUT if I discovered I was being ridiculed, or used out of context, I might be inclined to become somewhat more vocal!
We are a tragic mob generally, and any aid to others is a benefit that is generally appreciated.
So be it . . .
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by PDU.

More
3 years 9 months ago #211681 by Rattail 1927
How's adout charitable sharing, no harm, no fowl , unless it classified, in wi witch case it will bee a coupler hundred lesst .....

More
3 years 9 months ago #211756 by DieselFan
Many thanks for all your informations and opinions, that helps a lot.

So I feel free to share away, as Paul had it written....

Clemens

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #211770 by Bobsboy
Replied by Bobsboy on topic Photos from other platforms
Yee ha

cya

-b

Mucking about on the edge
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Bobsboy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64, Mrsmackpaul, DieselFan

More
3 years 9 months ago #211794 by DieselFan
Yes, thanks, it will come soon :)

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds