Skip to main content

AWAY

More
3 years 9 months ago #212885 by cobbadog
AWAY was created by cobbadog
Hi Gryphon, Tonight when I signed in all is working well but I noticed that I am marked as 'away'. So I logged out and back in and yet I am still 'away'
As much as Dee and I like being away, that is in our van and preferably not in theis great Forum.
What have I done wrong to make this happen? I noticed a post by you recently about going to our profiles and checking something and I did that and I thought that was all ok. Hopefully you can sort me out again.
P.S. I still from time to time have what syas are unread posts in many different threads but I have opened and read them yet there is still some green numbers in some sections and they stay around for a couple of months then go. Not sure if they are related.
Cheers John

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #212887 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic AWAY
Ya not Robinson Caruso, Cob. :dry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 9 months ago #212888 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic AWAY
Yep, same same me!

More
3 years 9 months ago #212889 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic AWAY
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!?

Obviously you are marked men . . . ? ? ? :unsure: :blink:

More
3 years 9 months ago #212890 by Rattail 1927
Replied by Rattail 1927 on topic AWAY
I’ve noticed that same thing cobba , I just ignore it, it doesn’t seem to make any difference that I can tell

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #212895 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic AWAY
Hi,

before starting this post I checked a thread that I updated a couple of days ago and it showed that was away. However after I entered the original version of this post i saw that i was no longer away.

I am not sure why it is happening but I will take a look when i get a chance and let you know.

Nothing to do with the message to check your profile, I haven't had a block of time to go trough and sort out that task and it is unlikely that it is related to the unread issue you describe, but not entirely out of the question.

Terry
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Gryphon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Dave_64

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #212898 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic AWAY
Terry

The away thing has been happening to me (and others apparently) for months so should have nothing to do with the the new work. I actually asked you about this 6 months ago but you must have missed it. As you say it seems to have absolutely no effect on anything.

I do notice I am "offline" as I write this but still gaily posting unhindered???? Maybe because I jump from my computer to the cook's computer upstairs according to where I happen to be and it only recognizes mine.

Lang
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Lang.

More
3 years 9 months ago #212900 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic AWAY
Several days ago, I typed (two finger typist and find it pretty tedious) and just as I was about to Submit it, the whole message disappeared. a day later when i had time, I labroriously typed it all again and it did let me submit but said I was using an old, or was it very old, version or platform or something and it never did appear for anyone to see.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
3 years 9 months ago #212931 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic AWAY
Thanks Terry, it is good to know it is not my doing and a heap of mates have joine the 'Missing in Action" group.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds