Here B a WEB site I set up fro the Cat/Holt 2 Ton tractor
Caterpillar 2 Ton Tractor World
www.2tontractor.net
Nuther one I run for the Kenworth 'S' model trucks
-: KENWORTH-'S' Model Truck Appreciation Society :-
www.kws900.com
Just 2 sites with a heap of pix but no BB Forum

Why U ask 2 Ton Tractor
Coz I won one in a free raffle in Yankyland (restoration started......well lookn n dreeem n)
KW 'S' model trucks
Coz twaz the 1st custom built truck for Australia n we had 4 of m way back when
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #42941 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic Re: Tractor - sub forum
G'day all, I tend to agree with slospeed that tractors would be better covered in a separate forum.
The Old Machinery Magazine has a website forum which is already established and well suited as pretty much everybody who is in to tractors would subscibe to this magazine.
Also would not overload this HCVC forum more as if you miss checking it for a day or so then there is a stack of info to trawl through.
Cheers Geoff
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Tacho.

More
13 years 3 months ago #42942 by HeyCharger
Replied by HeyCharger on topic Re: Tractor - sub forum
Quite right Geoff. I forgot about TOMM.
ok forget I ever started this thread. :-?

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.
1946 Ford Semi-Trailer Bus.

13 years 3 months ago #42943 by
Replied by on topic Re: Tractor - sub forum
Wash your mouth out Kennymopar with soap mate ;D ;D ;D .
I have been long time member the Historic Commercial Vehicle Club of Aust not the Chamberlain club so my vote is no to tractors . Dave :)

More
13 years 3 months ago #42944 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Tractor - sub forum
I am on the Tomm Forum ,and as far as the tractor forum goes its pretty dead , I put threads on with our machines and i think melonreo was the first person to comment 6 months later .. It is more geared to the stationary motor guys . A lot of the truck guys here have an interest in tractors , and seem more open to have a yarn about things . As there are tractors in the other stuff forum ,and no one has really jumped up and down ,bitching about them being in there ,How about juust changing the heading to Tractors and other stuff . Ian .

13 years 3 months ago #42945 by
Ian I like tractors and old stuff that sounds ok to me as it's already under the banner any way. Dave

More
13 years 3 months ago #42946 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Tractor - sub forum
with all due respect I think part of the reason the TOMM Forum is slow is that you have to login to read the posts so they never turn up in any search engines.

This is their decision after some legal action (or threatened action) shut their forum down for a while and I can respect that

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
13 years 3 months ago #42947 by camma
Replied by camma on topic Re: Tractor - sub forum
If it wasn't for the Tractors etc, the trucks would not have any produce or dirt to carry.

How about a Howard Rotavator? Is that classsified as a tractor?

Please help me. I need Commer Parts

More
13 years 3 months ago #42948 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Tractor - sub forum

with all due respect I think part of the reason the TOMM Forum is slow is that you have to login to read the posts so they never turn up in any search engines.

This is their decision after some legal action (or threatened action) shut their forum down for a while and I can respect that

Bruce , Interesting , No one , i have talked to on tomm were told of the reason why the forum was shut down ... Tacho ,suggested i think it would be more approperate to post on the tomm forum .. Now the tomm forum has grown to 925 members now , but it is a struggle to get anything much in the way of a responce .. Where here most of the guys have experience with tractors and are willing to share that exp[erience .. All i am saying is that there is a good bunch of guys on here ,And that Heycharger is more likely to find out what he needs to know here , than a probably disapointing result on the tomm forum ..We have quite a few WA members that are farmers as well as truck enthusiasts, We have Onetrack . Ron I would back to know the answer to most things asked here . Certainly not trying to run the tomm forum down , Rather , just highlight the wealth of experience available on tap here . Ian .

13 years 3 months ago #42949 by
I gave up on the TOMM forum long ago. A pathetic forum program that was difficult to use .. users who only visited once every month or two .. and a multitude of questions that went unanswered.
If you're going to have a viable forum, it has to be a user-friendly forum programme .. a critical mass of reasonably intelligent users, who can produce satisfactory answers to most questions .. and a forum webmaster who answers questions, attends to forum problems on an everyday basis, and who shows some interest in operating a forum website.

I rapidly got the impression that the TOMM mob saw the forum as a serious competitor to their magazine, and weren't interested in doing anything to develop it, promote it, or look after it.
A good forum makes a useful addition to a magazine, and can be a feature that adds to a magazines value. However, I believe that the organisers of TOMM are like newspaper owners .. who believe that the world revolves around them, and that newspapers will never fail to be a major part of society.
Unfortunately, the printed word is taking a back seat to the electronic one, and nothing is going to alter, any time soon.

Time to create page: 0.417 seconds