Skip to main content

Comments on forum

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #47892 by atkipete
Comments on forum was created by atkipete
Keep in mind that comments on this forum are available for all to see and that in certain circumstances you could end up with legal action.
EG ..If you make broad negative comments about a product without any factual basis you can be taken for defamation.
But if you relate your personal experience with a product or service make it clear this is what happened in your case and let the facts stand for themselves. Others can learn from your bad or good fortune.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 4 weeks ago #47893 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Comments on forum

AtkiPete
Gudday M8

RE: certain circumstances you could end up with legal action

Th@'z why we hide Bhind our street names
any/every body nose hoo we aint
LOL
N we only have good wordz for pommy lorriez n air cooled Deezels
LOL
Th@ should wake R.S. up
LOL
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

13 years 4 weeks ago #47894 by
Replied by on topic Re: Comments on forum
Just remember swishy that if something occurs. And legal action is taken. The HCVC would have to release any info that the forum may have to legal type people. Especially if the HCVC also gets drawn in due to running the forum. And if legal action does occur and HCVC is drawn in then the Forum would be shutdown and we would all lose this valuable resource.

Let us all look after the forum and continue to make it the great place it is. Just be mindful of the issues that could impact on us all if we aren't aware of them.

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #47895 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Comments on forum
I am not saying dont talk about your own experiences, good or bad, that is useful info that can prevent others making the same mistakes.
Just be wary of making general statements, particularly about companies still in business.

13 years 4 weeks ago - 13 years 4 weeks ago #47896 by
OK, Swishy, Pete and JB.

I am awake !

If you are referring to my post on Marathons ?

1. I was agreeing totally with an earlier posting, by another respected forum member, and adding a few extra comments only.
2. Both posts were referring to a particular model, NOT a COMPANY that exists today.
3. In NO way were any of the Marathon detractors making derogatory comments about a current business.

If you have a look at the Leyland Trucks site company history www.leylandtrucksltd.co.uk/history.asp they mention many models, including the Llama and Leveret ?? but The Marathon is not mentioned at all ! When it gets to the 1970's it is quickly glossed over by the words :-
'Overall, the 1970s were a challenging period for Leyland...'

I would be interested to hear of ANY manufacturer who
has not produced a model or version that had inbuilt problems ?

Hopefully this clears the air ?

I apologise if MY personal comments, formed after MY experiences, have upset anybody.
I fully expect that there will be further Negative product comments on this forum in the future, and maybe some about current products ?

Come on, relax,
If we all agreed about everything, this forum, and indeed the whole world would be a Bloody boring place.

Nobody nor any thing is perfect.

Cheers
RS :)

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #47897 by atkipete
Not at all Roland. Having worked at Leyland you are well placed to make those comments.

13 years 4 weeks ago #47898 by
Thanks Pete,

Cheers
RS :)

More
12 years 11 months ago #47899 by wgipps
Replied by wgipps on topic Re: Comments on forum
My 2 cents.....i dont think we need to fear defamation. This forum talks about old trucks. I think any manufacturer would be hard pressed to show that they suffered any sort of loss because people were discussing their 20-odd year old trucks and speaking negatively against them!! Also, there is a justification in discussing problems in older trucks. Some of these companies dont even exist in their previous form. Fear not fellas!!

"If I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a little?&qu

12 years 11 months ago #47900 by
Companies will defend their name, brands and trademarks against anything they can. Doesn't matter about the age of the item under discussion.

Again as Atki mentions speak from experience or have facts to back up claims just to protect yourselves.

Even companies that may not physically exist anymore the name and trademarks may still be owned by another company who may also protect its interests.

More
12 years 11 months ago #47901 by atkipete
Making sweeping statements about a particular manufacturer without any hard facts could put an individual in line for defamation action.
By all means talk about your own experiences and problems with trucks either old or new. That is what the forum is about.

Time to create page: 0.485 seconds