Skip to main content

Dumb question for Admin.

More
12 years 3 months ago #70790 by hayseed
would/is it possible to limit the number of posts/replies per page to (say) 10?

The reason i ask this that for example the "i spy" thread and other threads with lots of Pics'.
For those of us (ie; ME) with slow/er internet speed. quite often have to wait a LONG time for page to load.& more often than not have to "refresh" the page 1-2 times to get ALL the photos'

Whereas if you limited each page to (say) 10 posts,

Page should load a LOT quicker, & not take up any more server space.?

Is it a DUMB idea?
or am I just a whinger?? ::)

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #70791 by
Replied by on topic Re: Dumb question for Admin.
Hayseed,

It is possible. It use to be more restricted than it is now. But was changed for all the opposite reasons than you specify!

And for the simple point not having to change page as often for long running posts.

Will have another look at this setting soon.

12 years 3 months ago #70792 by
Currently it is set to 20 posts per topic.

Would changing it to 10 help a great deal? Don't know. Will have a think about it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

More
12 years 3 months ago #70793 by hayseed
Jarod,
Thanks for the Prompt replies..

See if there is any other thoughts or feedback first.

'cause My complaint/whinge, may well be unique to Me.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

12 years 3 months ago #70794 by
It probably wouldn't be such an issue instead of members posting to a generic topic such as "old photos" as an example. They create a new topic such as "Old Internationals" so be a bit more specific.

One item that won't solve this issue is a thought I had recently of create a new folder. Currently we have a folder for restorations, new truck and general trucks etc. But nothing for the old truck. Not I might add for restorations etc. But for the historic story's and photos of old truck when new! :D. Have been meaning to do something about this for some time! Will create something soon for this!

More
12 years 3 months ago #70795 by Roderick Smith
There is a limit of posts per page which seems to work well: a topic can run over multiple pages, and you don't have to download every page to review the latest in the topic.

Yes please for a new category: 'Old trucks'. I have been wondering where to post them. If they aren't at an exhibition, and they aren't modern, I am left with placing them with the jokes & stories thread, or the quizzes one.

I am facing the dilemma of where to place fire appliances.
If they are Dennis, I can sneak them into the restoration thread. If they are at a rally, there is a place.

If not these, they are in trouble: the tractors thread specifically excludes fire appliances, but no other thread specifically includes them.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

12 years 3 months ago #70796 by
I will create the new category once I get a spare moment or two. It will happen soon!

The HCVC begun life as a fire truck club so we still include them in our ranks.

My definition of a commercial vehicle (read trucks) covers all vehicles built to carry or tow a load. Be that load goods (trucks), people (buses, hearses etc) and hoses/water (fire trucks). Basically almost anything not a private vehicle such as a car or bike. But even some of these also be commercial (taxis, some trikes etc). So many thing are appropriate.

Up till I create the new category old truck stuff would have to go in the general truck area.

This area shouldn't have any of the jokes or quizzes etc. these should be in the general area.

Time to create page: 0.418 seconds