Skip to main content

Hot rods

More
11 years 7 months ago #91120 by Eddy
Replied by Eddy on topic Re: Hot rods
... depending what part of Adelaide ... 1-1/2 to 2 hours drive ... got a spare room ... might even find ya some tucker ;D ;D ;D

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #91121 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: Hot rods
In reply to Cam's question as to whether his Dodge has been hot rodded - there are some simple divisions which could point the way;
for example ;1) if the modifications were made during the working life of the truck and more than 30 years ago then those modifications are historic in their own right.
2) If modifications have been made more recently but with parts and systems available more than 30 years ago, then it could be a replica (another argument, sorry) but wouldn't be a hot rod.
3) The original hot rod scene started in the 50's and so a hot rod that has remained unmolested since being modified back then can be regarded as an historic vehicle. It will go and handle like crap (by modern standards) but that is part of what you are preserving.
And if you hadn't guessed I tend to agree with Borris' view.

More
11 years 6 months ago #91122 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Hot rods
Regardless of our individual views, I think it is safe to say we all like old trucks, some of us even like new ones, and I think it would be fair to say we all like tinkering with things, or watching someone else tinker, and I think it is important that wether you like something someone else has done or not, that everyone gets to show off the results of their tinkering with out some wet blanket dampening the enthusiasm.

Mammoth, there I was deluded into thinking I had a hot rod and you've shot me down in flames by definition. haha.

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds