Skip to main content

Transportation of Trucks ,trailers parts etc

• Topic Author
11 years 5 months ago #96022 by
Any chance of putting up a new Header on the Forum for people who need to get gear moved or picked up.Just drove across two states with ample room to have chucked on a gearbox, diff etc for someone if they needed it picked up.A section like this might make it a bit easier for people to attend some of the further away shows if the new they could score a few bob to lighten the fuel bill.Just a suggestion ::) ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #96023 by Tacho
Could be a good idea Angle,
I want to get a tractor starter motor from Pyramid Hill, Vic to Adelaide or closer to me if possible. (am 100 km North) Pickering want $60 from Swan Hill and Busfreight want $50. Cheers Geoff

• Topic Author
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #96024 by
...great idea angle .. people could just make a post saying ''need to get X to Y'' or a traveller says ''im going to/coming from A to B'' etc and just leave it till interested parties make the connection via forum post/email/pm ...

...the topic then can just be there as a bank or pool, to be drawn down on by the forum members when the need arises....

• Topic Author
11 years 5 months ago #96025 by
g'day all .. should this topic go to a more noticeable area on the forum as i think it's an idea with a lot of merit....cheers :) :)

More
11 years 5 months ago #96026 by Buc
Twould be a good idea the ol Buc thinks. ;)

Maybe ya should have a poll on it. :-/ :-/

Regards, Buc. :)

• Topic Author
11 years 5 months ago #96027 by
Well my opinion is that there are I believe websites out there already for putting things out there for back loads etc.

My other point is that it might be considered to be not right for us to permote the use of Historic vehicles for moving things around that might be seen by those above as being not what the various schemes our historic vehciles work under.

Not to mention the issue of that page going to be a maintanence issue of lots of old jobs that some one will have to clean up regularly else its usefulness will fail.

Besides what is wrong with putting up an item in the sale and wanted area? Such as need to get x from y to z? That has been used in the past why not the future also?

Similar item could be if you are going from z to y but again have to be very careful due to the various schemes we run under. And the HCVC forum isn't the right place if you were looking for a backload for a commercial vehicle even if willing to do it for nothing or cost.

No my opinion is that best to do the I need to get x from y to z in the current for sale and wanted area.

Don't want to have to many different sections to the forum as it could get very confusing.

As for a poll. Can do so but must be remembered that in the end generally polls will only get the people that want and item and generally not the people that don't or don't care! :D

I will ask the opinion of the rest of the forum staff and see what the opinion is from them.

• Topic Author
11 years 5 months ago #96028 by
thanks JBlair for the clarifications....all good, and no issues with me....cheers

More
11 years 5 months ago #96029 by John Whale
evening all for the last 4 odd weeks i have driven back from morwell to north of melb 4 times after working away. i would have quite happily tossed something in the back of my ute and brought it home to give someone a chop-out so a register of vehicle(historical or not)movements giving time ,date destination etc etc might be worth having a think about cheers whale

More
11 years 3 months ago #96030 by tomcat
Hi Guys,

I'm with the administrator on this one. I think we could put current commercial carriers offside which I don't believe we would want to do with HCVC. Adhoc and periodically is ok on an "as needs basis". :)

More
11 years 3 months ago #96031 by bparo
Just a word of caution here - if you imply you are not home and someone works out where you live they may decide to 'help themselves' while you are away. As a moderator I would be upset if I heard of this happening to anybody.

Imply you regularly travel to an area by all means but keep dates etc off the public areas of the forum as we have no means of verifying people's honesty if we don't know them personally.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Time to create page: 0.454 seconds