Skip to main content

forum on iPad

More
11 years 5 months ago #96579 by BillV
forum on iPad was created by BillV
I notice that some forums have apps which make them handier to use on iPad etc. Cant seem to locate one for YaBB. As everyone knows an iPad can be tucked under sun visor and is an essential accessory for any old trucker truck enthusiast looking to keep up to date, so if there was a means of making this forum easier to use with the modern tech that would be great.
;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #96580 by
Replied by on topic Re: forum on iPad
Hi Bill V

I am interested in your iPad comments.
I regularly log on and contribute by iPad with no problems at all.
What features do you wish to be made easier ?

Cheers
RS :)

11 years 5 months ago #96581 by
Replied by on topic Re: forum on iPad
What is available is all dependent on the software that runs the forum.

I also use an Ipad to run the forum. Couple of things I have done to make it a bit easier. First I made a shortcut to the forum on the desktop area. Second if I'm running remote I switch off the pictures in the browser to make the pages load quicker.

Another option is if you have a RSS reader the forum does have a feed for RSS the url for this is found by clickin on the RSS logo on the home page or www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?action=RSSrecent

Hope this helps.

More
11 years 5 months ago #96582 by BillV
Replied by BillV on topic Re: forum on iPad
thanks Guys
Agree, Roland you can run the forum on iPad, however it requires a bit of expanding, scrolling across the page etc to use, some apps make a big diff, try using the ebay app v using the regular page on ipad, can do it, but much easier with the app.
JBlair, thanks for the RSS feed link, I will use that.
Thinking that maybe the root cause of the problem is its time to visit the optometrist!

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #96583 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: forum on iPad
I don't have an iPad but an andriod tablet (el cheapo version) and find that holding it sideways (long edge at top) increases the size just enough for my fat fingers to hit one button not two when using the forum. It does mean you have to scroll up and down more to see the whole thread though

One thing to remember is this forum predates iPads etc so it was hard to choose software to allow for something that didn't exist.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by bparo.

Time to create page: 0.457 seconds