Skip to main content

Paint Code for Dodge D5N Grille and Bumper

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #11813 by boc2009
I am in the process of restoring a Dodge D5N 400 series. Can anybody help me with the paint name and code for the grille, surround and bumper. It is a silver grey metallic colour, but I have been unable to find the exact paint code???
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by boc2009.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #11814 by kennymopar2
i had a look through my dodge AT4/D5N books and came up with nothing ..maybe chrysler cars of the 60s/70s used the same silver /grey paint ? ..personally ive used "killrust" paint colours on trucks before and have been happy with the results

More
14 years 9 months ago #11815 by boc2009
Kenny, thanks for the reply. I have been able to locate an old Dulux paint code book which shows three trim colours used by Chrysler/Dodge at the time. With some mixing by the local auto paint supplier, and testing by elimination, it would appear that the grille surround colour is 'Silver Grey' metallic. Code 13379. This has been colour matched against the un-faded colour under the headlight surround. However, looking at some scans of old brochures it would appear that the two centre grill bars, the headlight surround and the bumper are a lighter colour than the surround. Still working on this one!! May have to take your advise and colour match some Killrust.

More
14 years 9 months ago #11816 by kennymopar2
all the best ..its always good to see a dodge on the road
cheers ken

Time to create page: 0.426 seconds