Skip to main content

clayton dewandre air over hydrolic brake booster

More
14 years 9 months ago #11978 by Colin
Hi! I'm Colin and am having a small problem with my Bedford taking ages to pump up air pressure. It seems to be the air control valve in the brake booster sticking. I took the reserve air tank off the booster and the mechanism levers and piston etc. out of the booster housing and cleaned everthing. I found that the small piston that is activated when the foot pedel is first pushed was stuck from lack of use. A kit was fitted to this booster a couple of years ago so I knew that parts wouldn't be worn. I managed to free the piston of the valve and then I got air pressure. I greased the piston with rubber grease and the brakes are back to as good as air over hydrolic get, but it still takes awhile to pump up the pressure to make the light go out
Do any of you knowlegable people out there know if anyone still supplies Clayton dewandre air over hydrolic brake boosters for 1968 466 Bedford coaches :)
Colin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 9 months ago #11979 by Swishy

Col
GuddayM8

Have U drained all the air tanks lately?
a small amount of oil n water (condensation) is normal more noticibly in the wet tank (1st tank south of the compressor)
I'd imagine th@ a Air/Hyd aftermarket assembly may B available from PBR if U cant source out the original
but I'm only guessin (again)

Cya

[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 9 months ago #11980 by bigcam
If it takes ages to get air pressure up,a couple of things cause it,the compressor being the obvious one.The other is the non returnvalve in the wet tank and compressor air line getting chocker of carbon and restricting air flow.

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds