Skip to main content

Looking for a/cleaner element for 6v53 GM

More
14 years 8 months ago #12273 by sidey
Does anyone know where i might source an element for my 700 series Dodge ? , it had an AF384 Fleetguard in it but these have been discontinued and i cant get a cross reference on one to suit ,i figure that someone might have contacts where there might be some sitting on a shelf....Also looking for a supplier to supply me with a lining for the park brake on the back of the gear box....Any help would be appreciated Cheers .Wayne.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #12274 by bigcam
I`ve put an air cleaner of a Dodge on my Diamond Reo to keep it all under the bonnet.I got a new element from Queensland Diesel Spares for it no worries.If you take the hand brake linings to a brake mob they should be able to reline them for you.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 8 months ago #12275 by Swishy

SiD
GuddayM8
Fleetguard AF384
cross references to
Wix Filters 42183
Detroit Diesel
7.375 Height
13.850 O.D.
T-.531 B- 11.235 = iD
all the above from me 1998 Wix Filter Master catalog /Bible doodadd

www.woodys-auto-supply.com/auto-part-details.asp?prod=WIX-42183

Cya

[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 8 months ago #12276 by sidey
Thanx for the feedback , got on to Price Auto parts at Dalby and old mate had a couple on the shelf , and put me on to a mob in Brissy that will bond a new lining on the handbrake ring ..Cheers guys..

More
14 years 8 months ago #12277 by bigcam
Are you near Dalby Wayne?

More
14 years 8 months ago #12278 by JimmyDodge
G'day Wayne,
I have a Donaldson element in my old Dodge 700 with 6V53 power that has a part no. of P181050 stamped on it.
I rang Donaldson about 6 months ago and they said it was still available.
Also on their web site I am sure I read somewhere that their filters only have a shelf life of 18 months , something to do with the treatment of the paper breaking down after this time and not offering full protection.
Maybe it's just so they can sell more filters, but I have just put one in our tractor that was manufactured about 18 months ago , according to the stamp on the box.
Fingers crossed it will be ok, still looked as new.
regards Harleigh.

Time to create page: 0.454 seconds