like this ??

[IMG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 22 hours ago #141129 by v8 inter nut
This is the one he needs

[IMG

[IMG

They are very hard to get and if you do find one they are usually blank and you have to have them drilled... Costly! I have a blank one on a 610 but don't wish to sell sorry

More
10 years 8 hours ago #141130 by IHScout
I got my bell housing from truck transmissions in Chipping Norton - western Sydney. It had the blanks for the gearbox mount which I then had to find an engineer to drill out for me. The mount needs a tappered hole which my engineer couldn't do, so we made a stepped hole instead and trimmed the taper off the mount to match.

Getting the clutch mechanism to work the right way has been my next challenge.

Dennis

More
10 years 7 hours ago #141131 by v8 inter nut
I had my holes made larger and then a tapered bush made, the other option was to machine the taper of the mounting pins.

More
10 years 2 hours ago #141132 by q4016lanz
Thanks every one my RR was.in a Isuzu Bus with a adapter plate and looks like the frount sharft is 35 mil to long now
So it looks like a fare bit of.work fiting this RTO 6610 but not beat yet it has the blanks to put the mounts on the side :)

More
9 years 11 months ago #141133 by 67mustang
I got mine from Ed at Dubbo, don't think he had any more but may have a idea where to get one, like Andy had to get it drilled,

67mustang

More
9 years 11 months ago #141134 by q4016lanz
Thanks I rang Ed. He didn't have the parts but give me the part numbers have ordered the parts of Ken Lant in Bundaberg still have to drill the bell housing and figer out how to put the hand brake on the back of the RR :)

More
6 years 11 months ago #182798 by wedgetail84
I know this is an old and slightly different topic but still pretty relevant... If putting 6v53/RT610 into a C line do you need this special bell housing or will a more common one do? the GM has mounts on the flywheel housing so I'm thinking not?

More
6 years 11 months ago #182815 by JOHN.K.
Should be simple,except you will probably have to fabricate a crossmember at the front of gearbox to replace the IH one.You cant mount the motor higher,cause it hits the floor,unless you jack the cab up.As for the motor and gearbox,both No 2 sae housings,push or pull clutch,all the bits from Truckline or Gleemans.The configuration of the flywheel will fix the clutch,preferably it comes with the motor.I like the old R190/ADB 184/Cummins 160 mount,being the aforementioned tapered bolt type.I have one that came from a IH halftrack,with 386 motor,heavy ,but near identical to the Cummins setup.

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds