Skip to main content

Transport Mack R600 From Perth to Melbourne

More
6 years 7 months ago #186276 by silver1925
Hi Guys, I bought an R600 Mack (cab chassis, 1979) in Perth with the thought of driving it back home to Melbourne. I'm having second thoughts and was wondering if anyone knows someone looking for a backload or if there is a decent website I can go to for some quotes? I'm not in a major hurry to get it but would have preferred to have it in Melbourne before Christmas.
I have access to a loading ramp in Melbourne and in Perth.

Regards,

Andrew

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #186277 by Mrsmackpaul
try load share web site I think its called

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
6 years 7 months ago #186279 by 600Dodge
Can't say Ive heard of load share but I use loadshift, Ive just moved my trucks from WA to SA at pretty reasonable rates but beware that most of the WA based carriers are outright thieves looking to retire off the first job they get and the first few days your add is up you get some obviously drug affected weirdos quoting stupid numbers but after that you should be able to find a good one.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
6 years 7 months ago #186281 by Swishy
Nuther one
www.truckit.net/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwoL3r...uEAAYASAAEgLpbfD_BwE

nevr evr used m

me think more freight goes left than right so should B a backload price
Quote Length, Width n Height also take exhaust stak n air rams off if they B higher than the cab

N dun 4 get pix we must have pix ..... lots n lots of pix

cya

ยง

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
6 years 7 months ago #186282 by silver1925
Thanks Dodge & Mrs Mack, I've placed a request on Loadshift. I'll let you know how I go.

Paul, been watching your R600 rebuild videos online over the last few days. Absolutely awesome !! Keep em' coming.

Regards,

Andrew

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #186372 by silver1925
Quick update - I signed up for Truck-it and got quite a few quotes but nothing under $5,000. I found the website to be to pretty confusing to use so I went to Load Shift and that was way easier to navigate. Got a few realistic quotes and some poeple rang to talk through their quote. The best price and the people with the right gear to do the job was around $2600 including so I'll be going with that.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and recommendations.

Regards,

Andrew
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by silver1925. Reason: Spelling Mistake

More
6 years 7 months ago #186429 by Brad
Other responses reflect my experience as well, there were some absolutely stupid quotes on Truckit.
I was given a contact in Linfox rail freight and was quoted a very good price from Perth to Parkes, though you have to
deliver the truck to the Perth rail depot. I was going to drive from Parkes but managed to get a reasonable quote Parkes to to Toowoomba on Loadshift and I drove to Brisbane from there. Let me know if you want more details on the rail option.

I would have liked to driven Perth to Brisbane however getting time away was going to be difficult. Then there is the risk of breakdown, but I had confidence in the truck.

I suggest getting photos from all sides if you can. My diff breather got broken off and I think the door frames are slightly bent from breaking in after they had trouble with the door lock.

I like the Mack R600's too. Do you have a photo of the truck and any details on the engine and driveline?

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
6 years 7 months ago #186432 by Swishy
Not sure if n U read the adventures of Roland (Rocky) (Maxidyne)
a good read ................................... Kalgoolie to Sydney

[img

Clikity ..................................................................................................................... ClikClikClik

cya

ยง

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
6 years 7 months ago #186452 by silver1925
Brad, that's great information, thanks. I'm in two minds as to whether I drive it back or pay the $2500 to have it delivered to my door. I've got the next 6 weeks off work so I'll make a decision quickly as to which way I'll go. Its a 1979 285 Cool Power, 12 speed on 44's. It was originally a Telecom float truck I believe.

I'm still struggling to post a picture on this site? Can anyone help?

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #186453 by Mrsmackpaul
On the page your about to post a photo to looks like this on my computer
Just bellow this box is doohicky with a number and another box and add file beside that

click on "add File" that takes you to a screen on the computer with all your photos, click on the photo you want and it then takes you back to the computer screen then click on the insert button and you will get the and this is your photo

if you dont click insert it will not load up properly and will look like this when done right down the bottom in the pic bellow

dunno if all this helps or not
Perhaps someone more gifted can explain better

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Mrsmackpaul.

Time to create page: 0.491 seconds