Skip to main content

Transport Mack R600 From Perth to Melbourne

More
6 years 7 months ago #186454 by silver1925

Attachment not found

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #186455 by silver1925
You're a man of many talents Paul. Movie maker, mig welder 'gun' and website expert!!
What threw me off with the posting of the picture was the fact that when I hit the preview button I thought I'd see the picture appear. It didn't appear until I actually posted it.

Thanks again, regards Andrew.

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #186456 by Swishy
Silver1925
Gudday m8
My back can feel 4 U
drive n the Mack bobtail all th@ way U will find & kno evry bump in the Rd
Guess n U on Camel back suspension Air ride cab and seat
if U do drive bobtail drop the rear tyres to 30psi n fronts to 80
better to drag a trailer 2 keep the wheels on the ground

Ifn U get my drift .....

cya

Best O Luck O
cya
ยง

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Swishy.

More
6 years 7 months ago #186459 by 600Dodge
Having just transported most of my fleet across the country I can tell you that every time I calculated all the costs and risk of driving anything, paying someone to transport them always came out on top. In your situation, not knowing all the details, I would outline it like this:Plane ticket: $300, cab to truck $100, accommodation $500, food $150 Fuel$1500. That to me blows your budget, however you might look at it from a different perspective. I calculated fuel at 30L to the 100, not sure if the old girl would be better or worse than that, you might save on the cab ride but if the truck is a long way from the airport you might not and of course food and accommodation will be purely up to personal choice but none of this takes in the possibility of a breakdown and the cost to repair, or worse, recover the truck, I don't know what price you put on the peace of mind that the truck will be delivered to your door unscathed but to me that was worth more than the dollars alone and my experience was far from perfect.

More
6 years 7 months ago #186472 by Mrsmackpaul
I reckon fuel economy would be in the low 20's or lower, Mrs Mack is right down there bob tail and yes rides as rough as guts bob tail
My Mack has 58,000 lbs so she rides rough and you need stirrups and a rope and hang on LOL
Depending what ratio diffs you have it can be a fun bit of adventure and I wouldnt hesitate in a run across the paddock, I dont reckon we get enough adventure in life these days
To me it aint all about the money

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
6 years 7 months ago #186474 by 600Dodge
I would have loved a bit of adventure but the sheer amount of times I would have had to do it made it uneconomical.

Time to create page: 0.540 seconds