Skip to main content

AT4 114 tyres

More
6 years 6 months ago #187371 by Dodgeydude
AT4 114 tyres was created by Dodgeydude
Honestly I have spent hours online looking for myself with no joy, well if you exclude when I accidently clicked on the "big black rubber"site :blink: Phoned a few shops on spec but most did not know what 7.00 inches were, yes called double entendre I think ;)
Looking for the original 7.00 R 16 size tyres I can find them available in almost any other town with a population greater than 300, in any state except South bloody Australia for like 100smackeroos but freight kills the buzz man. Don't care if they are Chinese, not doing any speed runs at Lake Gairdner and I doubt I have enough years left to wear out even a crap set. I know the 7.50 will fit even if not strickly legal, got a couple on the back at the mo but would prefer the right ones.
Other people have told me the F250 8 stud will fit which would mean I could use tubeless and probably much easier tyre sizes but what if poor old Dodgey rejects strange parts and sheds the transplant at speed. :S Different circumfrence tyres also affect speed right?Smaller tyres = blistering acceleration but working harder at 100k cruising speed. Ideal would be about 150% aspect ratio :unsure:
OK, so any crow eaters know where I can getem?
Go Crows

Many useful things fall off trucks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #187372 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic AT4 114 tyres
Tyresales came up with a Kumho at $186. They ship anywhere. You can have them sent to a tyre shop (they have "fitting partners", or something)
Worked for me recently on a set of Road Grippers for the ASW.

I would expect there would be Chinese ones cheaper available somewhere.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
6 years 6 months ago #187375 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic AT4 114 tyres
I seem to recall many years ago as in the 80's (still feels like it was yesterday to me) anyway many years ago on the old Toyota puslux you could have either 700 16 or 205 16 tyres and both looked the same to me, as in diameter and width but the 205 gave a better ride and lasted longer
Both were a tubed tyre and it didnt seem to matter even if there was a mixture on the one axle they still drove and handled ok, braked nice and straight
I got onto to some free 750's once and made the poor old diesel Puslux even more gutless if that was at all possible
I know these arent what you are chasing but may be a better option than nothing at all and are a lot easier to come across and to my untrained eye and faulty memory looked the same

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
6 years 6 months ago #187376 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic AT4 114 tyres
Dodgy,
on that point about you had doubts about going from 7.00 up to 7.50, on a 16" rim being strictly legal, maybe the local authorities are a bit tougher in S.A. than here in Vic??
I was under the impression from a couple of local tyre suppliers that you can quite safely and legally go that way, as they both use the same size rim as per Australian Standards?
Certainly the 7.50 X 16 seem to be a lot easier to get hold of (Toyota, Nissan etc), over here anyway. Unless of course you want to stick strictly to O.E fittings?
just saying, Dave

More
6 years 6 months ago #187383 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic AT4 114 tyres
With the Mount Gambier run coming up in a couple of weeks, you might be able to get somebody from Victoria to bring tyres over for you. I would if I could attend but unfortunately, I have a family thing on at that time.

Morris.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #187401 by Dodgeydude
Replied by Dodgeydude on topic AT4 114 tyres
Did I mention I am as tight as a big end in a screamer run without oil? This is more what I am looking for

Tyresales sometimes has them at $111 but not now. Thanks for the link Jarrod.
Paul, I thought the 7.00 meant the tyres were 7 inches wide. The 205 equates to more than 8 inches so probably not on the skinny rim properly and they appear to be a ute tyre and maybe not load rated? Softer side walls would give a softer ride though. I think the aspect ratio, sidewall height, affects the overall gearing which may account for the puss.
Dave I don't think the 7.50's are not a real problem but they certainly do look a lot bigger. It's sorta got the fat back skinny front look. Dodgey is as dragged out the farm shed and I have no intention of ever washing it let alone restoring it, not a rivet counter but like it to look genuine.
Morris, might be a plan but I am rostered on to work that weekend and Mt Gambier is a 750 km trip for me.
Here's a pic just cos I know we all like em.

Planning to go to the Palmer rod run this Sunday, might see you there?

Many useful things fall off trucks
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Dodgeydude. Reason: forgot the pic

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
6 years 6 months ago #187402 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic AT4 114 tyres
Thiz aint no political paid announcement
Butt
wen we need tyres
n drive n past we buy & pikup@ Samios tyres

[img

Clikity ................. ClikClikClik

cya

§

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
6 years 6 months ago #187404 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic AT4 114 tyres
Nice tie rails - I need some of them on the Inter, but seems no one makes them anymore - I'll have to make them myself (= never get done).

I had 7.50's on a Dodge 200, I think you'll be fine.

205's are more like 6.50x16. (old Hiluxes) Probably also work, but a little small, perhaps.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tacho

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #187405 by Eddy
Replied by Eddy on topic AT4 114 tyres
DD ... 7.00 tyres have a 7 inch tall sidewall.
Imperial sizes measure sidewall height, metric measure tyre width, with the height shown as a percentage of the radius.
Thus a 205 tyre measures out at 205 across the belly of the tyre.
7.50 tyres would fit straight on, just an inch taller overall, easier to find than 7.00s, and most likely cheaper as well. AND perfectly legal, as they are well within the maximum permissible 2 inch increase.
There's a tyre joint on Grand Junction road just north of Adelaide, would most likely have stacks of'em, maybe even some good cheap secondhandies. Cluse Brothers more than likely have them too.

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Eddy.

More
6 years 6 months ago #187409 by 180wannabe
Replied by 180wannabe on topic AT4 114 tyres
A mate of mine gets his light truck tyres from "Grippy's Tyre Market", 103A Churchill Rd Nth, Dry Creek. He recommended the place to me, but as yet i haven't been there myself, so can't comment further.

Time to create page: 0.541 seconds