Skip to main content

Chasing D5n door locks

More
6 years 2 months ago #191362 by Hemi74
Looking around to get new d5n door locks anyone know the go with these repos or somthing that fits???

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #191367 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Chasing D5n door locks
If it is just the lock barrels and keys you are after you will be able to find something to fit on Ebay. Most truck door locks of that period are generic if they are separate (not included in the handle). In-handle barrels are still replaceable in most cases. I think the Dodge button handle lock may be easier to replace than the flipper style - maybe not?

There are several thousand on an unfiltered search. This one is just in the first five as an example.
www.ebay.com.au/i/222824714200?chn=ps

Rare spares have several types of generic lock.

Lang
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Lang.

More
6 years 2 months ago #191370 by Dodgeydude
Replied by Dodgeydude on topic Chasing D5n door locks
Hemi, last week I removed my door latch and locks etc. The mechanism had come apart and the door would open when going around a corner. Took a while to figure out how it works and get all the levers and springs in place. Had some lunch and some "thinking time". Woke up and hit it with the MIG and fortunately it still works.
Relevance for you is that I had to move the door seal rubber away to access the spring steel plate to get the lock out. There is a slot cutout so probably right. Might be different for D5N. I spent some time trying to slide it off from inside.
The lock mechanism inside is flimsy so probably not worth an expensive security key tumbler. I like original but have you considered a keyless entry system? Press the button and say beep ;)

Many useful things fall off trucks

More
6 years 2 months ago #191382 by Hemi74
Replied by Hemi74 on topic Chasing D5n door locks
Lang you are a absolute legend , yes sorry it's just barrel n keys etc , almost finished the ol sled , just need them to put doors together , picked up some insane condition door trims and arm rests for $5 the lot from wreckers , almost fell over ! Best 5 bucks ever spent . Will bang a few photos up soon , still got the bonnet to paint

More
6 years 2 months ago #191383 by Hemi74
Damn I threw some those at4 mech type down the tip 2 days ago place looked like a wreckers and had to clean up for the missus , 7 ton of scrap later the yard looks almost normal , but found a dodge at the scrap yard and ended up coming home with more stuff I stay away from electric stuff , only elec ignition I can handle

More
6 years 2 months ago #191384 by Hemi74
Actually chasing those rubbers for the bonnet that go in the guard there is 6 of them the bonnet rests on, found second hand ones but there all fully shagged

More
6 years 2 months ago #191388 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Chasing D5n door locks
Jacksons or Old Car Rubber might have something.

From memory they are the shape that lends itself to improvisation.

You could well find Clark Rubber has strips of rubber section very similar that you can just cut into appropriate lengths. if they have some fancy shape to slot into a hole that the Clark ones do not, a touch of Sika from Bunnings will glue them there just as well. Clark also carry several round button style rubber bumpers from about 10mm up to 30mm diameter.

Lang

More
6 years 2 months ago #191390 by Hemi74
Ah did a search and found Scott's old rubber , rubber 5 bucks each , fair price I'd say, last thing I need is the clutch dust cover from 318 to np box I'm assuming there different from np to 245 thanks again lang , did u go to Hume event? I live in Broadford

More
6 years 2 months ago #191391 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Chasing D5n door locks
Hemi74,
If Dodge NP435 are same set up as the Ford version, you will probably find that your clutch dust cover boots are all the same . I have a bellhousing off a big block Dodge here and it is the same size aperture as the 245-six.
They don't last long, get a bit of oil and grease on them and they very quickly deteriorate. Lot of blokes don't bother replacing them at all, unless they are required for roadworthy's.
Dave.

More
6 years 2 months ago #191392 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Chasing D5n door locks
You can still buy the D5N flipper style handles new, Iveco cab overs are the same handle but beware they are expensive, I paid $260 each about 4 years ago.

Time to create page: 0.483 seconds